Growing up each one of us has different books that stick out in our memories. When I was about 5 or 6 I had 3. Where The Wild Things Are, The Poky Little Puppy, and the Velveteen Rabbit. I had my mom and grandma read them to me so many times that I knew each one by heart and could “read” them back. Man did I think I was the smartest kid on the block! Since then I’ve passed the passion for reading those particular book on to my kiddos and imagine my excitement when I found out Velveteen Rabbit was now a feature film!
“One of the most beloved family tales of all time comes to life in an enchanting combination of live-action drama and animated adventure. It’s the story of a young boy named Toby who is sent by his busy father to spend the holiday season in the home of his stern grandmother. Toby’s world instantly changes when he discovers the house’s “magic attic” where three forgotten toys – including a special stuffed rabbit – unlock a world of imagination that will change all their lives forever”
This was the perfect blend of animation mixed with real life. It gave us that remember the book so fondly a story to follow along with as well as introducing the fun and magic to the younger generation. The only bad thing is that I feel that the movie studio didn’t promote this as well as they should have. If there is one movie I think you should actually BUY and watch with the kiddos it is definitely The Velveteen Rabbit.
Now onto the GIVEAWAY!
Here is your chance to win The Velveteen Rabbit DVD!
How to Enter:
Leave me a comment telling me your what your favorite book as a child was.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway! Velveteen Rabbit DVD http://tinyurl.com/y9koznv
- Comment on a non-giveaway post
- Stumble this post
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Begins today January 22, 2010 and ends on January 29, 2010! Winner will be announced January 30, 2010. Open to 18+ USA. You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org.
***I received a DVD to review***