Salt. Do you realize how many different types of Salts there are? No, I’m not talking about the new Angelina Jolie Film. I’m talking about All-Purpose Sea Salt, Plain and Iodized Salt, Salt Substitute, Kosher Salt, Ice Cream Salt, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Salt, and MORE! I went shopping for some salt to use in a recipe. I wanted something a little different from normal so I went with Natural Sea Salt. I plan on making Apple Crisp with it using the following recipe:
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, diced
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton®All-Purpose Natural Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 2/3 cup Pecans (optional
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Butter 8 ramekins or an 8×8 inch square pan or 9 inch round pie pan
- Place peeled and diced apples in cooking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, flour and pecans together.
- Process oats and butter in a food processor until crumbly and add to the brown sugar mixture. Note: If food processor is not available, use two butter knives to cut butter into small pieces and mix with oats.
- Top apples with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- While cooling down, top with a pinch of salt.
Sounds yummy huh? Do you know of any other recipes that include salt that are unique? If you share them I’ll post them! Also make sure to print out your 55 cent off coupon for Morton Season All Salt!
***This post is part of a Morton Salt campaign through Collective Bias, I was compensated but all opinions are my own.***