I posted some Healthy Halloween snacks earlier now it’s time for the good gooey-ness of Chocolate. This Halloween why not use this devilishly creative Halloween recipes for Werewolf Cupcakes by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. Not only will they be yummy, but they can also double as party decorations. Check out the recipe for these creepy cupcakes below!
Hands-On Time: 1 hour and 30 min
- 12 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil’s Food cupcakes baked in brown paper liners
- ½ cup Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla frosting
- 1 cup Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Dark Chocolate Fudge frosting
- Black food coloring
- 1 can Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Milk Chocolate frosting
- 24 marshmallows
- Red leather fruit
- 24 orange, yellow and green candy coated chocolates (M&M)
- 12 black jelly beans
- Spoon the vanilla frosting into a ziplock bag. Tint the dark chocolate frosting black with the food coloring. Spoon half of the black frosting (about 1/2 cup), up one side of a ziplock bag. Spoon half of the Classic Chocolate frosting (about 3/4 cup) up the other half of the bag. Repeat process with another ziplock bag.
- Cut 1 inch corners from each side of the 12 marshmallows to make the ears. Cut a 1/2 to a 1 inch V shape notch from the remaining 12 marshmallows to make the muzzles (see step photo). The size of the notch will determine the size of the howling mouth.
- Snip a small corner (1/8 inch) from the bag with the chocolate frostings. Pipe a small dot of chocolate frosting to attach the marshmallow ears and muzzle on top of the cupcakes. Cut 2 inch ovals from the red fruit leather and press onto cut notch of marshmallow muzzles to stick. Trim any excess fruit leather.
- Pipe several vertical lines of chocolate frosting to cover the marshmallow ears. Starting along the outer edge of cupcakes, pipe the fur, about 1/2 inch in from edge to go completely around cupcake. Pipe another row of fur in from first row, slightly overlapping. Continue piping rows of fur with the chocolate frosting to cover the cupcake and marshmallow just up to the red fruit leather. Continue with remaining cupcakes and chocolate frosting.
- Add 2 like colored M&M’s, pressing them lengthwise, into the frosting at an angle to make the glowing eyes. Snip a very small corner (1/16 inch) from the bag with the vanilla frosting and pipe fangs all around the mouth at the edge of fruit leather using a squeeze and pull motion. Add the black jellybean to make the nose.
Makes 12 werewolf cupcakes