Lately with the economy how it is everyone has been asking me “Do you make money with your blog?”. The answer is yes. I get to do something I enjoy and make money at it. However, it is hard work. I can sit at the computer for up to 12 hours sometimes. My biggest tip for someone wanting to make money online is don’t concentrate on just one thing. Have a few different ways to make money so at the end of the month it all adds up. Even $5 here and there is more than I had yesterday.
So now onto Affiliate Marketing. Before we even get started you need to make sure you have a Disclosure Page. You can take a look at mine to see what it is. Now back to affiliate marketing.
What is it exactly? Basically me(the affiliate) introduces you to a company. Let’s say in this case it’s Wal-Mart. I may do this with a text link, a banner ad:
Does this cost you any extra? No it comes out of the company’s end.
How does this benefit you? By clicking on the links within my posts or on my sidebars it helps me keep this website FREE. Plus I can offer you guys more deals and sometimes specific sale codes or coupons. Also, if you have a favorite company you would like to see offers and deals on feel free to contact me or leave a comment and I will try to get those up for you.
Here are the Affiliate Companies I use:
- Commission Junction: StubHub, Best Buy, Adobe, The Disney Store, Disney Outlet, David’s Bridal, Priceline, VistaPrint, HP, Hot Topic, Laura Ashley, BooksAMillion, Payless, Shouebuy, eBags, Fossil, Expedia, Land of Nod, Crayola, Robeez, Weight Watchers, and More! (payout at $50 via Direct Deposit or $100 via Check)
- Google Affiliate Network: Kohls, Target, Sears, Barnes and Noble, Journeys, Aeropostle, Circuit city, FTD, Finish Line, Kmart, Office Max, Puma, irobot, and More! (payout at $100 via Direct Deposit or via Check. Tied in with AdSense now)
- Linkshare (otherwise known as my FAVORITE): Apple Bottoms, Baby Phat, Bake ME A Wish, Benefit Cosmetics, Casual Male XL, Crocs, Destination Maternity, Motherhood Maternity, Hanes, Fashion Bug, Giggle, Just My Size, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Nickelodeon, Nutrisystem, Things Remembered, Vera Bradley, Vans, Wal-Mart, and More! (NO minimum payout! I receive 1 0r 2 checks a month)
- Amazon Affiliate Program: As you know almost anything can be bought on Amazon including the amazing Kindle. Sell a few of those and you’ll get a nice commission. ( $10 minimum payout via Direct Deposit or Amazon Gift Card. $100 minimum via check)
- MySavings Media: Now this one is interesting. It isn’t like your other traditional Affiliate Programs. Here you get paid when someone prints a coupon, or signs up for a mailing list or requests a freebie. ( Payout at $100 via check)
- Logical Media: Similar to MySavings. You get paid when people sign up for newsletters, etc. Sometimes Logical Media has a higher payout for the same campaign so make sure you check it out.
These are just the affiliate programs I personally use and have been paid by. There are definitely more out there. Do you like a certain one or know of one I should try out? Leave a comment! Also make sure to check Murray Newlands Marketing Blog. He always has some great advice!