Bullying. It’s everywhere right now. So many tragedies have happened recently that just break my heart. What makes it that much worse is that every one of them could have been prevented. It saddens me that in this day and age we are still treating people with no respect. We ALL have those stories of being misunderstood or being “different”. I prided myself in being different and still do to this day.
- I am a high school drop out
- I am an addict
- I spent time in a psychiatric hospital
- I love the color black
- I like every type of music from Lil Wayne, Johnny Cash, to Marilyn Manson
- My kids don’t always go to bed on time or take a shower everyday
- I am late on my water bill just because I’m too lazy to drive across town
- I was pregnant before I was married
I urge you to take the pledge and show other IT DOES GET BETTER! Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not next week, but I promise you it does. Listen to Project Runway’s Tim Gunn tell you about his struggles and how it did get better for him.
If you have time check out Pink’s awesome video for her new song Raise Your Glass. It’s the perfect anthem for all of us who are “different”
Check out the following websites to get more involved: