When the kingdom’s most wanted—and most charming—bandit Flynn Rider (voice of Zachary Levi) hides out in a mysterious tower, he’s taken hostage by Rapunzel (voice of Mandy Moore), a beautiful and feisty tower-bound teen with 70 feet of magical, golden hair. Flynn’s curious captor, who’s looking for her ticket out of the tower where she’s been locked away for years, strikes a deal with the handsome thief and the unlikely duo sets off on an action-packed escapade, complete with a super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs. In theaters this holiday season in Disney Digital 3D™, “Tangled” is a story of adventure, heart, humor and hair—lots of hair.
- “Tangled” marks Walt Disney Pictures’ 50th full-length animated feature.
- Byron Howard directed Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Bolt,” the 2008 animated comedy adventure that grossed more than $300 million worldwide and earned two Golden Globe® nominations (Best Animated Film and Best Original Song), and an Oscar® nomination for Best Animated Feature. Nathan Greno, a 14-year Disney animation veteran, served as head of story on “Bolt,” and has animation and/or story credits on such other animated features as “Mulan,” “Brother Bear,” and “Meet the Robinsons.”
- “Tangled” features new songs and a score by eight-time Oscar®-winning composer/songwriter Alan Menken “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “Pocahontas,” and, most recently, “Enchanted.” Lyrics are by Glenn Slater, a 2008 Tony® and Grammy® nominee for his work on “The Little Mermaid.”
- Rapunzel has 70 feet of golden hair and more than 100,000 individual strands
- Special software had to be created to simulate movement for the hair, no one had ever animated that much hair before and no leading lady has ever had that much hair before!
- If all the hairs on a single head of hair 12 inches long were laid end-to-end, they would stretch 26 miles. If all the hair on Rapunzel’s head were laid end to end they would stretch for 1,820 miles.
- Ten women from the production grew their hair out during the making of the film; ultimately each cut about 10 inches of hair to donate to an organization that makes real-hair wigs for people who’ve lost their hair due to illness.
Now onto the Giveaway!
Here is your chance to win a Tangled Prize Pack including something for the whole family!
- Female fit Rapunzel t-shirt in Adult and Youth sizes (S, M, L, XL)
- General fit Flynn Rider t-shirt in Adult and Youth sizes (S, M, L, XL)
- General fit Pascal t-shirt in Adult and Youth sizes (S, M, L, XL)
- Silly Bandz – set of 4 characters (Rapunzel, Flynn, Pascal, Maximus)
How to Enter:
Go to the Tangled Website and then come back and leave a comment telling me what your favorite part of the site is.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow Disney Animation on twitter
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway @DisneyAnimation Tangled Prize Pack with T-shirts and @SillyBandz http://tinyurl.com/2f3tlcj
- Comment on a non-giveaway post
- Stumble this post
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Begins today November 1, 2010 and ends on November 24, 2010! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA . You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org.
***I did NOT receive compensation for this giveaway. My favorite company Disney is providing the Prize Pack***