A mechinical watch is powered soley by a mainspring, without using electric power. In a hand-wound mechanical watch, the movement’s mainspring is wound by winding the crown. The mainspring of a self-winding mechanical watch is wound by the movement of the arm on which it is worn and stores energy.
While a quartz watch (powered by a battery) moves automatically, a mechanical watch does not move without human power. The “movement” made up of hundreds of parts, can be called the “heart” of the mechanical watch.
The winding of the spring causes the “heart” to beat, and this human-like quality is one of the unique beauties of the mechanical watch, which continues to be loved around the world.
Go to the Orient Watch website then come back and Leave a comment telling me what other watch you like.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow Orient on twitter
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway @OrientWatchUSA Men’s Khaki Face Orient Automatic Watch http://tinyurl.com/2567vmz
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Leave a comment on a NON giveaway post.
- Begins today December 12, 2010 and ends on December 26, 2010! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA . You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org.
***I I did NOT receive compensation for this giveaway..***