Before I go into the awesomeness that is the 2011 Buick Regal I wanted to take a moment to explain my love for a good Buick. My grandmother is a big car fanatic. She can see one driving down the street and name the make and model. I spent most of my childhood with her so I inherited her love for Buicks. Currently I have a 2004 Buick Rendezvous and she has a 1994 Buick Lesabre. Her is a quick video of her talking about her very first Buick.
Now onto the 2011 Buick Regal. GM was gracious enough to let my husband and I test drive the Regal for our 10 year Anniversary Trip to New Orleans and let me say we rode in style! As pictures speak louder than words here are a few to get you started. (Ignore the snow)
Every Line, Every Detail, Every curve: Seamlessly Connected
- Modern Aerodynamic Lines
- 18″ Alloy Wheels
- Integral Rear Spoilers
- Signature Spoiler
This car looks good coming and going.
- Exceptional Air Bag Protection (Dual Stage, Frontal and Side)
- Air Bag Passenger Sensing System, Front Passenger/Child Presence Detector
- Ultrasonic Rear Assist
- Safety Belts, 3-point
- LATCH system
- Door Locks, Child Security Rear
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
As a Mom Safety is the biggest concern for me. I am a HUGE advocate for OnStar. I think it is a great piece of technology. Gives me a sense of peace while driving because if something where to happen OnStar would contact and get us help. I also like the Detector in the passenger seat for the air bag. I tested it by having the kids sit in front and it did automatically turn off the air bag when they sat there compared to when an adult did. Most impressive.
- 2.4L Ecotec 4-Cyclinder Direct-Injection Engine
- 220 HP 2.0l EcoTec Turbo Engine
- Classic-Exclusive Interactive Drive Control System
- 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Driver Shift Control (DSC)
- Four-Link Independent Rear Suspension
- Stabiltrak with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Brakes With Brake Assist
- EPA est. Fuel Economy Highway 30 MPG
- EPA est. Fuel Economy City 19 MPG
- Fuel Tank Capacity 18 gal
While I might not understand all the technical talk I can say that it handled well on our road trip. I drove about half way during the wee hours of the morning and it was not only a comfortable drive, but didn’t take that much in gas either. I think from TN to New Orleans it was only 1 and a quarter to a half tanks of gas.
- OnStar with 6 Months Directions & Connections Plan
- USB Port
- Available Voice-Activated Navigation
- Available Harman/Kardon Premium Sound System
- XM Radio Standard for 3 Months
You know my love for OnStar. We did not even use a map for our Road Trip. It was too dark to do a video, but we got in the car and gave the address to our hotel in New Orleans and our directions were downloaded directly to the Regal. Not one wrong turn! Plus I love XM Radio because I can flip from some Oprah Radio to Disney to some 90’s Hair Bands. Perfect for any emotion. 🙂
- Driver-Centric Enviroment
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 12-Way Power Sriver’s Seat
- Heated, Leather Appointed Sport Seating
- Auto Dual-Zone Heating and Air
I think the 2011 Buick Regal is perfect for anyone. From the family, to a business man, or a grandma or grandpa. It is a decent price, comfy, rides and drives well, and is safe. What more can you ask for?