The dreams and visions of Walt Disney come to life in Fantasia, which blends music and film magic into an exhilarating movie-going experience. Unforgettable images are brought to life by some of the world’s best music, and highlighted by the comedy of Mickey Mouse as a troublemaking sorcerer’s apprentice, along with the beauty of winged fairies and cascading snowflakes, the majesty of Noah’s ark and even plump hippos performing ballet in tutus.
Motivated by his uncle’s foresight, Roy Disney continued the magic with Fantasia 2000 which begins where its predecessor left off. There are seven completely new segments, and viewers watch a bustling Depression-era metropolis in the style of Al Hirschfeld’s famous cartoons, a flock of flamingos with slapstick yo-yo talents, an ark full of animals gathered by Donald Duck as Noah’s first mate, and musical life breathed into a family of flying humpback whales.
Fantasia DVD Bonus Features:
- New Audio Commentary with Disney historian Brian Sibley
- Disney Family Museum (running time: approx. 5 minutes) – Walt’s daughter Diane Disney-Miller takes viewers on a tour of the new Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, California featuring a very large exhibit on Fantasia and most importantly, the Schultheis notebook with long lost Fantasia production notes found in more recent years in the walls of a convent.
Fantasia Blu-ray Bonus Features: Everything on the DVD plus:
- Disney View – This viewing mode maximizes the Blu-ray viewing experience with a 16 x 9 aspect ratio. Original artwork created by a Disney artist, in a style that complements the beauty of the film.
- The Shultheis Notebook: A Disney Treasure (running time: approx. 14 minutes) –An in depth look at the recently discovered Schultheis Notebook. The detailed log was created by Herman Schultheis, an effects man on Fantasia, and intricately breaks down the film from a technical view. Many of the special effects used in Fantasia were a mystery to modern day animators until this notebook was recovered.
- Interactive Art Gallery and Screensavers – Viewers can explore the artwork of Fantasia as never before, in HD resolution with unique Blu-ray interactivity and programming.
- Audio Commentaries from Fantasia Legacy Collection o With executive producer Roy E. Disney, conductor James Levine, animation historianJohn Canemaker, and Scott McQueen, manager of film restoration. Audio commentary with interviews and story note recreations by Walt Disney, hosted by John Canemaker.
Fantasia 2000 DVD Bonus Features:
- Musicana – Walt’s Inspiration for a Sequel (running time: approx. 10 minutes) – This documentary reveals rarely-seen art created for Musicana, a late 1970’s project intended as a Fantasia sequel with a focus on exploring other cultures via their greatest musical compositions. Viewers are offered a look at the origins of pieces that were started by Walt, such as “The Emperor and the Nightingale” which was then taken over by a very young John Lasseter. Ultimately, Musicana was stopped to begin production on “Mickey’s Christmas Carol,” but the memories of this piece still live on with the animators who conceived it.
Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray Bonus Features: Everything on the DVD plus:
- Dali & Disney: A Date With Destino (running time: 82 minutes) – This feature length documentary explores the collaborative relationship between Walt Disney and Salvador Dali, revealing how and why the Destino short came to fruition under the lead of Roy E. Disney in 2003 so many years after its inception in 1946.
- Destino (running time: approx. 7 minutes) – The legacy of Walt Disney and Salvador Dali lives on in this highly anticipated short film.
- Disney’s Virtual Vault — BD-Live Feature Original DVD Bonus Features from Legacy Collection
- Audio Commentaries from Fantasia Legacy Collection (total running time: 84 minutes) With executive producer Roy E. Disney, conductor James Levine, and producer Don Ernst. Audio commentary with the directors and art directors for each segment.
As a Disney fan I absolutely LOVE all the extras! I mean hours upon hours of neat and new Disney information. My favorite extra has to be the one called Dali and Disney. I LOVE Salvador Dali. I even have some prints hanging up in my living room. So to have both Walt and Dali together was priceless. My favorite scenes in the movie is of course Sorcerer Mickey and then when Mother Nature goes around. What’s great about these Special Collections is that you get the Disney DVD and also Blu-Ray so everyone is happy!
Now onto the Giveaway!
Now here is your chance to win Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 2-Movie Collection Special Edition
How to Enter:
Leave a comment telling me your favorite Disney movie.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 2-Movie Collection Special Edition http://tinyurl.com/2558pka
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Leave a comment on a NON giveaway post.
- Begins today December 9, 2010 and ends on December 13, 2010! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA . You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org.
***I received product to review , but my opinions are my own.***