Dr. Tanya is a leading medical authority for the popular press and entertainment industry, Dr. Tanya Remer Altmann is a best-selling author, parenting expert and media spokesperson. A working mother and UCLA-trained pediatrician who practices in Southern California, Dr. Tanya is a designated spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, communicating complicated medical issues into easily understood concepts.
She also has a new feature on her site called Ask Dr. Tanya where you can sumbit question to her and she will answer them on her blog. For example, are you wondering what to pack in your baby’s diaper bag? Dr. Tanya gave a great answer on her blog.
- 5 diapers (at least)
- Baby wipes
- Changing pad
- Plastic bags for dirty diapers or clothes (scented baggies are nice to mask smell of dirty diapers)
- Diaper cream
- Formula, bottle and nipple (if formula feeding)
- Burp clothes
- Bottle of water (to mix formula, clean up messes or drink yourself)
- Pacifier (if your baby uses one)
- Change of clothing (for baby and you)
- Infant acetaminophen (fever reducer)
- Hand sanitizer
- List of important info–your contact info, pediatrician phone number, immunization records, recent weight of baby, allergies
She has benn numerous news programs and talk shows including Today (NBC), A Place of Our Own (PBS) and KTLA 5 Morning News @9 (CW Los Angeles). She is also the author of 3 books: Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5, The Wonder Years, and Mommy Calls. So go ask Dr. Tanya a question on her blog or better yet find her on twitter at @DrMommyCalls or on facebook at Dr. Tanya.