Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Rob Marshall, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, adventure and humor that ignited the hit franchise—this time in Disney Digital 3D™. Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed adventure. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz), he’s not sure if it’s love—or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the “Queen Anne’s Revenge,” the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know whom to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica, with whom he shares a mysterious past. The international cast includes franchise vets Geoffrey Rush as the vengeful Captain Hector Barbossa and Kevin R. McNally as Captain Jack’s longtime comrade Joshamee Gibbs, plus Sam Claflin as a stalwart missionary and Astrid Bergès-Frisbey as a mysterious mermaid.
- Although she spent more than two months in Hawaii, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey was not permitted to have fun in the sun on her days off…as the unearthly mermaid known as Syrena, she had to maintain her pale complexion.
- Sam Claflin, who plays the young missionary Philip, is from the U.K. and attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Keith Richards returns in a cameo as Captain Teague, Jack Sparrow’s father, in the fourth installment of the “Pirates” franchise.
- Australian Gemma Ward, who plays Tamara, one of the eight mermaids in “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” began modeling at age 14 and has already graced over 20 Vogue covers.
- World-class competitive surfer Tamayo Perry was one of six Hawaiian Queen Anne’s Revenge crewmen cast by director Rob Marshall. But this wasn’t Tamayo Perry’s first brush with Walt Disney Studios. He was a surfing double in the film, as well as one of the title character’s competitors, in the studio’s 1999 “Johnny Tsunami.”
- Although Yuki Matsuzaki is the first Japanese actor to portray a pirate in the “Pirates” series, he’s not the first from his country to play a pirate in a Walt Disney Pictures live-action movie. That honor belongs to Sessue Hayakawa, who played the leader of a pirate band attacking the heroes in 1960’s “Swiss Family Robinson.”
- “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” appropriately enough for a pirate movie, shot on five different islands: Kauai, Oahu, Puerto Rico, Palominito (a small island off the island’s east coast), and although of a distinctly non-tropical nature, Great Britain.
Here is your chance to win a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides T-Shirt Prize Pack including:
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES in adult sizes of S, M, L, XL
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES bandana in black
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES temporary tattoo (2 per winner)
How to Enter:
Leave a comment telling me your favorite scene in any of the Pirates movies.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow Pirates on facebook
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW #Giveaway Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides T-Shirt Prize Pack #WIN http://tinyurl.com/3cla8bl
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Sign up for Groupon
- Subscribe to my other site A Coupon Family
- Begins today May 27, 2011 and ends on June 2, 2011! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA AND CANADA. You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org. Prize fulfillment takes 4-6 weeks.
***I did NOT receive compensation for this giveaway***