Three ordinary women are about to take one extraordinary step.
Twenty-two-year-old Skeeter has just returned home after graduating from Ole Miss. She may have a degree, but it is 1962, Mississippi, and her mother will not be happy till Skeeter has a ring on her finger. Skeeter would normally find solace with her beloved maid Constantine, the woman who raised her, but Constantine has disappeared and no one will tell Skeeter where she has gone.
Aibileen is a black maid, a wise, regal woman raising her seventeenth white child. Something has shifted inside her after the loss of her own son, who died while his bosses looked the other way. She is devoted to the little girl she looks after, though she knows both their hearts may be broken.
Minny, Aibileen’s best friend, is short, fat, and perhaps the sassiest woman in Mississippi. She can cook like nobody’s business, but she can’t mind her tongue, so she’s lost yet another job. Minny finally finds a position working for someone too new to town to know her reputation. But her new boss has secrets of her own.
Seemingly as different from one another as can be, these women will nonetheless come together for a clandestine project that will put them all at risk. And why? Because they are suffocating within the lines that define their town and their times. And sometimes lines are made to be crossed.
In pitch-perfect voices, Kathryn Stockett creates three extraordinary women whose determination to start a movement of their own forever changes a town, and the way women–mothers, daughters, caregivers, friends–view one another. A deeply moving novel filled with poignancy, humor, and hope, The Help is a timeless and universal story about the lines we abide by, and the ones we don’t.
In honor of my attending the #DisneyDreamworksEvent I’m giving away a copy of The Help to help acquaint you with the story before the movie comes out. Make sure to check out my review of the book and the Movie Trailer
Now onto the Giveaway!
You will receive a copy of The Help by Kathryn Stockett
How to Enter:
Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite book to movie transition is.
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow The Help on twitter or facebook (EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow me on GFC (right hand side)
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway @helpmovie #THEHELP book by Kathyrn Stockett #WIN http://tinyurl.com/3llucqt
- Subscribe to my other site A Coupon Family
- Leave a comment on a NON giveaway post.
- Begins today June 8 , 2011 and ends on June 20, 2011! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA. You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org. Prize fulfillment takes 4-6 weeks.
***I did NOT receive any compensation for this giveaway and provided the prize myself***