Tune in to your local PBS station to catch more great recipes from Hey Kids, Let’s Cook!, which brings culinary tips and health education to viewers. Host Kathy Powers and her team of chefs, ages 6 to 13, bring creative recipes and fun-filled segments to viewers, promising to take the kids to new and exciting parts of the country for its biggest season yet!
Pumpkin Pancakes INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground gloves
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1. Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl: whole-wheat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
2. Add the milk, canola oil, and egg into a small mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until blended and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the pumpkin and stir.
4. Lightly grease a large frying pan with canola oil and heat to medium high.
5. Drop in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
6. Flip each pancake when you see bubbles rising to the top.
7. Top with apple butter or maple syrup. You did it! Yum!