Trying to get pregnant is enough to make any woman impatient. Maybe you’ve planned your career and are now ready to start a family with the same organized approach. Or you’ve been trying to get pregnant for a few months. Or perhaps you don’t have time to be casual about your fertility.
The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is a complete guide to the medical, psychological, social, and sexual aspects of getting pregnant, told in a funny, compassionate way, like talking to a good friend who’s been through it all. And in fact, Dr. Jean Twenge has been through it all—the mother of three young children, she started researching fertility when trying to conceive for the first time. A renowned sociologist and professor at San Diego State University, Dr. Twenge brought her research background to the huge amount of information—sometimes contradictory, frequently alarmist, and often discouraging—that she encountered online, from family and friends, and in books, and decided to go into the latest studies to find out the real story.
The good news is: There is a lot less to worry about than you’ve been led to believe. Dr. Twenge gets to the heart of the emotional issues around getting pregnant, including how to prepare mentally and physically when thinking about conceiving, how to talk about it with family, friends, and your partner, and how to handle the great sadness of a miscarriage; as well as how to know when you’re ovulating, when to have sex, timing your pregnancy, maximizing your chances of getting pregnant, how to tilt the odds toward having a boy or a girl, and the best prenatal diet.
About the Author
Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D., is the author of Generation Me and coauthor of The Narcissism Epidemic and a professor of psychology at San Diego State University. Her research has appeared in Time, Newsweek, The New York Times, USA Today, and The Washington Post, and she has been featured on Today, Dateline NBC, and National Public Radio’s All Things Considered. She lives in San Diego with her husband and three daughters.
Trying to conceive often involves an enormous amount of emotion, from anxiety and disappointment to hope and joy. With comfort, humor, and straightforward advice, The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is the bedside companion to help you through it.
Now onto the Giveaway!
Here is your chance to win a copy of The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant. There will be 3 (THREE) winners
How to Enter:
Go to the Pillsbury Website Leave me a comment below telling me what you like about the website
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Subscribe to Southern Bella’s Ways To Save
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow Simon and schuster on facebook
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest: RT @waystosave The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant #Giveaway http://tinyurl.com/7v44ooo
- Go to the Community and Become a Member
- Start a BRAND NEW Discussion in the Community (EXTRA 3 ENTRIES) (YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE)
- Begins today May 16, 2012 and ends on May 22 2012! Winner will be announced 7-10 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA. You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org. Prize fulfillment takes 4-6 weeks.
***Disclosure: The Book Information and prize pack have been provided by Simon and Schuster .***