We’ve all experienced bad breath, but with summer upon us and love in the air it’s time to be on the safe side. The Dentyne Safe Breath Survey (commissioned by Wakefield Research) takes a look at some of the best and worst “breath offenders” so you’re prepared for every intimate moment. And now with Dentyne’s new Split2Fit pack designed to fit almost anywhere, practicing safe breath while in those precarious situations will be easier than ever.
THE STATISTICS DON’T LIE
Check your breath – it’s the safe thing to do. The Safe Breath Survey examines the risks that 18 to 34-year-olds are taking with their breath, how preparedness factors into a successful social encounter and the rules of attraction when it comes to dating and breath.
- 53% of Americans ages 18 to 34 have had an “intimate moment” cut short because they were unprepared. While granny panties or white briefs can be a mood-killer, 76% say bad breath would be a more embarrassing end to an “intimate moment” than unflattering underwear.
- There are some things you can look past and still have a good date, such as sweaty palms (50%) or wrinkled clothes (47%). However, try to avoid the garlic mashed potatoes at dinner: 86% of those polled could not disregard bad breath on a first date.
- Feeling good in your new pair of designer jeans? No matter what you’re wearing, 71% feel less confident meeting someone of the opposite sex if their breath isn’t fresh.
- 58% have lost interest in someone they were attracted to due to bad breath. And that’s no smooching secret; charm alone can only get you so far – 48% of women 18 to 34 would end a relationship with someone with consistently bad breath.
- The truth hurts, and most aren’t ready to tell it to you straight – especially when it comes to breath blunders. 85% of people think it would be harder to tell someone they have bad breath than tell them their zipper’s down.
- Skinny jeans definitely have their drawbacks. 78% have sacrificed essentials during a night out to avoid carrying them, and nearly 1 in 4 (23%) have left gum at home because they didn’t want to carry it – a rookie mistake.
Now onto the Giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a fabulous prize pack from Dentyne which includes: 2 boxes of Split2Fit Pack gum (consisting of 9 gum packs each)
***Disclosure: The Prize Pack information, and giveaway have been provided by Dentyne. I received product as compensation. Opinions are my own.***