The mission: Make something great using Great Value Crescent Rolls. So we began by looking around online for the perfect recipe using Crescent Rolls. After looking around a bit, I found Chicken Crescent Rolls over at Tasty Kitchen
The recipe we are using sounds pretty easy and will take us 30 minutes to prep and 25 minutes cook time. It will have 4 servings.
2 whole Chicken Breasts
1 can (8 Oz. Can) Great Value Crescent Rolls
1 cup Shredded Colby Monterey Jack Cheese
3 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
¼ cups Diced White Onion
2 Tablespoons Milk
3 Tablespoons Butter
¼ teaspoons Seasoned Salt
Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chicken, either by baking or boiling it, and cut it into cubes.
- Combine the cream cheese, onion, milk, 1 tablespoon of butter, and seasoned salt and mix well. Add the chicken and shredded cheese and mix until chicken is well coated. Add pepper to taste.
- Prepare the crescent rolls to make four squares. Fill each square with the chicken-cheese mixture. Bring all four corners together over chicken-cheese mixture and pinch until closed.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and spread over the crescents rolls. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
So off to WalMart we went! As I was shopping for the Great Value Crescents I also saw some yummy Great Value biscuits that could be a time-saving and budget friendly option for the holidays, as well. Yet, another reason I love WalMart you can get off brand items at great prices, but the quality is still top notch! Now, you have to wait until next week to see how the recipe turned out and how our Great Value Part went! So check in then!
***Disclosure: I was provided info for this post by The Motherhood and Ralcorp as well as compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.***