Spoonful.com, Disney’s new family lifestyle site, has a bounty of simple yet scrumptious Thanksgiving recipes that I think you will really enjoy seeing (and eating)!
Pigs in Pilgrim Hats – cute twist on a crowd-pleaser
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 hats
What you’ll need
- 2 to 3 hot dogs
- tube of crescent roll dough
- bologna (hand-sliced from the deli counter, for a larger diameter than prepackaged)
- sliced yellow American or Cheddar cheese
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350°. Cut hot dogs into eight 1-inch segments. Separate the dough along its perforations. On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, stand the hot dog segments on end, spaced well apart.
- Drape a triangle of dough over a segment. Dip a glass in flour, then use it to cut out a circle centered on the hot dog, as shown. With floured hands, press the dough around the segment to form a hat shape. Repeat to make the remaining hats. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut eight thin strips of bologna and eight small squares of cheese. Arrange them on the cooled hats as shown (if the ends of the hatband don’t meet, use the buckles to cover the gap).
Looking for more? Check out these recipes below! Just click the image and you can go directly to Spoonful and get the recipe.
***Disclosure: Recipes & Images provided by Disney to share with you. I received no compensation. All my opinions are my own.***