Spoonful.com, Disney’s new family lifestyle site, helps you Cross names off your holiday shopping list with 40 last-minute crafty Christmas gifts. Here are a few. Make sure to go to the spoonful.com site to see them all!
The secret ingredient in this mix is the mini chocolate chips, which melt when combined with the boiling water and give the cocoa an extra-rich flavor. The recipe makes enough for four gift-size portions, each of which can be measured into a small plastic bag and tucked into a cup or mug filled with mini marshmallows, candy stick stirrers, and a spoon. Wrap each filled gift cup in cellophane and don’t forget to include a tag with the following instructions: “Spoon 3 or 4 generous tablespoons of cocoa mix into your cup (depending on the size), add boiling water, and stir well.”
What you’ll need
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk them until they are evenly blended.
- Store the mix in a tightly covered container at room temperature until you’re ready to package it. Makes about 4 cups of mix.
Looking for more? Check out these recipes below! Just click the image and you can go directly to Spoonful and get the recipe.