This month, most of us will be leaving our homes for an extended period of time and traveling with millions of other people to get Home for the Holidays! Even if your trek is just down the road for a family Christmas dinner, we’ll all be out and about– and prime targets for identity thieves. Which is where LifeLock wants to help out. In addition to the Lifelock service, here are some travel safety tips:
Great tips to be SAFE This Holiday Travel season
- Remember while traveling, 911 is the emergency number used in all 50 states.
- If your looking for transportation and traffic information while traveling in the US remember to use 511.
- Using a common laptop bag while traveling through airports can make you the target of theft. So instead try a padded briefcase, suitcase, or backpack.
- Make sure to use a VPN service that encrypst all data that comes and goes from your PC. This eliminates your need to worry about settings with each individual application you use.
- Use a credit card while traveling. Why? due to law limiting credit fraud responsibility to consumers, a credit card has a lower financial liability if it was stolen.
Have you heard about the LifeLock for Life sweepstakes over on Facebook? Make sure you head on over and play! Not only do you get entered to win Lifelock Memberships, but you could also win a $4,500 Travel Voucher! The best part about the game is you learn personal safety tips for help protecting yourself against identity theft while playing. Looking for more tips? Make sure you are Following LifeLock on Twitter, and of course Liking LifeLock on Facebook or Joining the Circles on Google+.
***Disclosure: I’m proud to be a Lifelock Ambassador. I was compensated for my time. All opinions and thoughts are my own.***