Remember last week when I shared with you my recipe and inspiration for our fun Easter Peeps Cookies? Well, with today being the first day of Spring we part-ied! It was warm FINALLY this afternoon then of course it dropped down to the 40s. It is a COLD Spring so far, but I’m hoping for a warm up soon.
Check us out decorating!
This time the kids were in full control of decorating and I have to say they didn’t do a bad job! We are sad to say this is our last #GreatValue Party, but we did go out with a Peep! 😉
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies or cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pink ready-to-spread frosting
- 2 packages of Easter Peeps (chicks are the best)
- Yellow Decorator Sugar
- Flower Cookie Cutters
- Fun Decorations are optional, but recommended!
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; work flour into dough until well blended.
- Roll out cookie dough to a nice even width. Not too thin and not too thick.
- Using Flower Cookie Cutters cut out fun shapes.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost cookies with frosting.
- Decorate with colored decorator sugar
- Place Peeps on Top
- *optional* to make it look like your chick is nesting add coconut before adding Peep.
***Disclosure: I was provided info for this post by The Motherhood and Ralcorp as well as compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.***