***Disclosure: Nature’s Sleep provided me with the memory foam mattress to try out and give me honest opinion ***
Sleep is a precious thing. When we sleep too long we wake up with a headache. When we don’t get enough sleep we wake up grumpy. “Over 70 million Americans suffer from sleep problems,” said Dr. Dan Naim, a sleep study doctor in Los Angeles. “If you receive less than six to eight hours of sleep per night, you are considered medically ‘sleep deprived,’” he added. If you search the internet for Top 5 Ways to Fall Asleep you’ll get a million and one different answers. Here’s some of my favorites:
- EXERCISE: The Logical explanation of why this one works is you tire yourself out, burn off extra calories, and release endorphins so it makes it easier to fall asleep.
- SCHEDULE: If you stick to a schedule your body becomes used to the patterns of your day and it will result in falling asleep around the same time and getting up at around the same time. However, as a mom, this one is hard because life just happens. I will say that when I stick to a schedule and we are home I do sleep better.
- MAKE YOUR BEDROOM A PLACE TO SLEEP: I think we are all guilty of this. TVs, laptops, tablets, reading, etc. They say to make your bedroom only be about sleeping. I’m working on that, but I HAVE to read every night. It calms my mind and makes me sleep better, but we did remove the tv from our bedroom and that’s helped.
- DON’T EAT AFTER 6 or 7: Eating the wrong things or drinking caffeinated drinks lead to an un-restful sleep and makes it harder for you to get to sleep. I know we are all guilty of a late night snack every once in a while, but I try to have my kids stick to this rule during the school year and it helps.
- PREPARE YOUR BODY FOR SLEEP: THIS one is the best one for me. I take a hot wash cloth to my face and wash all my makeup off, switch into my pjs, read a bit, then start relaxing my body. I stretch my feet first. Then slowly do it the rest of the way up. By the time I’m turning my neck back and forth my body is more relaxed.
With my Nature’s Sleep memory foam mattress we all get a full night of sleep. As you can tell we get a kid or two trying to sneak in from time to time and with that face how can you say no??
Nature’s Sleep Deal of the Month
Just a reminder that from October 1 until November 1 customers will receive 60% off of the new Nature’s Sleep gel pillow. Please note: the offer is valid in the continental US only. As always, this deal includes free shipping.