This new dynamite party mix, with banana, peanut butter and just a touch of chocolate tossed in for good measure, is one tasty treat!
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal 2 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal 2 cups Banana Nut Cheeerios® cereal 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup freeze-dried banana chips 1⁄2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
* If you can’t find freeze-dried banana chips, just use regular dried banana chips.
* Either creamy or crunchy peanut butter works well with this recipe.
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereals and peanuts.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture is boiling. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated
- Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool5 minutes. Stir in dried bananas and candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
*1/2 cup: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 210mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 4g