***Disclosure: All pictures provided by Disney. All opinions are 100% mine. ***
More about the Movie
Inspired by true events, “Saving Mr. Banks” is the extraordinary, untold story of how Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins” made it to the screen—and the testy relationship that the legendary Walt Disney had with author P.L. Travers that almost derailed it.
- “Saving Mr. Banks” is the first film to depict the iconic entrepreneur Walt Disney.
- Richard and Robert Sherman’s original score and song (“Chim Chim-Cher-ee”) would go on to win Oscars® at the 1965 ceremonies.
- “Mary Poppins” won five awards of its 13 Academy Award® nominations: Best Actress (Julie Andrews), Best Effects, Best Film Editing, Original Score and Original Song. Among the nominations were Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay.
- Disney began his quest to get the rights to “Mary Poppins” in the 1940s as a promise to his two daughters.
- P.L. Travers’ father was a banker and is the basis for the “Mary Poppins” story’s patriarch, Mr. Banks—the character in the book whom the famous fictional nanny comes to aid.
SAVING MR. BANKS opens in theaters limited on December 13, 2013 and opens wide on December 20, 2013!