***Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for CVS/pharmacy MinuteClinic. I received promotional items as a thank you for participating. All opinions are 100% mine. ***
The first month of the year is coming to a close. How are you doing on your resolutions? I’m doing ok….not great, but not horrible. I’m not on a full fledged diet, but I am eating smaller portions. I’m exercising more every week and I’ve been going to the tanning bed 3-4 times a week. That alone takes care of my winter blues. Now that I’ve “eased” myself into living better I feel like I need to step it up a bit. How about you? That’s where CVS MinuteClinic comes in. Whether your resolution was to lose weight or to stop smoking CVS MinuteClinic has a program for you! Let’s check out more info about CVS MinuteClinic and each program:
MinuteClinic makes health care easier for people with a lot going on. Their family nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide quality care every day, with convenient evening and weekend hours. MinuteClinic accepts insurance and you don’t need an appointment. Just stop in when you need them.
MinuteClinic Smoking Cessation Program:
Did you know that MinuteClinic offers a Smoking Cessation Program? Studies show that smokers assisted by a health care provider have a greater chance of quitting smoking. MinuteClinic created this program that’s covered by most insurance plans to help those over 18 kick the habit (and you don’t even need to make an appointment). The program includes:
- One-on-one consultation with a practitioner, including a nicotine- dependence assessment.
- Individualized smoking cessation plan and education based on your needs and goals.
- Ongoing coaching and support in your efforts to quit smoking.
- Nicotine-replacement recommendations or prescriptions written when clinically appropriate.
- A visit summary sent to your primary care provider, with your permission.
- Find more information at www.minuteclinic.com/smokingcessation
MinuteClinic Weight Loss Program:
MinuteClinic helps make weight loss possible — even if you’re busy — with the Weight Loss Program at MinuteClinic:
- It’s a personalized program, providing ongoing coaching and medical supervision. It’s based on the popular DASH diet, DASH for Health, ranked #1 Overall Diet by U.S. News & World Report for three years in a row.
- The program is easy to follow, focuses on healthy eating and is clinically proven to promote weight loss. It also has the added benefit of lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
- With your initial assessment, you’ll receive membership to DASH for HealthTM, a great online resource to help you stay on course in- between visits to MinuteClinic.
- The Weight Loss Program is covered by most insurance plans. MinuteClinic recommends that you contact your insurance company prior to visiting MinuteClinic to verify coverage as well as any copays, co-insurance or deductibles.
- Find more information at www.minuteclinic.com/services/weightloss
My Previous Experience at CVS MinuteClinic
Nothing is worse than having sick kiddos when the Dr. isn’t open. That’s when we had our first experience at a CVS MinuteClinic. Luckily, one was literally 5 minutes down the road. I was abe to get both kids seen quickly and had medicine to give them within the hour. Sick babies began feeling better that night instead of having to wait around for our Doctor’s Office to open on Monday.
I’m definitely interested in the weight loss program and plan on checking it out. I’m at the point where I need more motivation and this sounds like the perfect way to do more.
The MinuteClinic is a walk-in clinic located in select CVS/pharmacy stores in 28 states and DC. They are open 7 days a week with evening hours and you don’t need to make an appointment. So stop by and give them a chance. You’ll be glad you did!
Already tried out the MinuteClinic? Leave a comment below and tell me about your experience!