***Disclosure:Info provided by Universal Orlando. All opinions are 100% mine. ***
We love theme parks. PLUS, we are HUGE Harry Potter fans. Gabriel has literally read the entire series over 10 times. We own all the books, movies, wands, and more. A couple of years ago we had a chance to check out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort and had a blast. Here are our Top 10 Pictures from The Wizarding World. Now I’m EXTREMELY happy to announce an expansion ! Diagon Alley will open in 2014!!! Check out the webcast below for some behind the scenes info.
Never before has a theme park created a guest experience like this: you climb aboard the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade and moments later arrive at Kings Cross Station where the wonders of London and Diagon Alley unfold before you. And it is all real.
With this summers opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment will bring even more of Harry Potters adventures to life inside a new, magnificently themed area that includes a revolutionary attraction experience, as well as all-new themed shops and dining.
The two companies yesterday revealed first-ever details about the new area and the one-of-a-kind adventures it will offer the whole family. The spectacularly themed environment will double the size of the sweeping area already dedicated to Harry Potters adventures at Universal Orlando, expanding it across both Universal theme parks.
And just like in the books and films guests will be able to travel between the two areas aboard the iconic Hogwarts Express.
Universal Orlando launched a global phenomenon when it opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade at its Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010. That area includes the iconic Hogwarts castle which houses the groundbreaking Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction and the village of Hogsmeade. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlandos second theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
Universals creative team has been working closely with Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to make the new area as authentic and spectacular as possible just as it did with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade.
The vision for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley is unprecedented, with Universal Orlando creating the worlds first centrally themed, multi-park experience.
After arriving at Kings Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city. There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley will give visitors the exciting opportunity to:
- Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between Londons Kings Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universals Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding worlds premier wand shops
Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
Explore some of Diagon Alleys famous shops, including:
- Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizards robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron Visit Florean Fortescues Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others And more!
More details about the unique experiences that can be found in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley will be released over time. For more information about the area, visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
We are counting down the days till it opens! I can’t wait to ride the train, check out gringotts and of course drink some butter beer. How about you?