***Disclosure: I reviewed a Kia Sorento and was provided the car by DriveSTI. All opinions are 100% mine. ***
On our recent #GirlFriendGetaway Jeana from Surf and Sunshine and I were packing a lot of things into one long trip. So we decided that we should fly into Miami and then take a Road Trip across the Overseas Bridge down to Key West. If this is something you’ve always thought have doing then you should plan it ASAP! It was relaxing, fun, beautiful scenery, AND we had a nice ride to make it even better.
Meet your family’s mobile MVP, the Sorento. It’s roomy, fuel-efficient and tech-savvy. Built in West Point, Georgia, Kia‘s top selling vehicle is ready to help you take on your world.
The refinements go beyond a more athletic profile. The 2014 Sorento adds refinement everywhere—from a retooled grille to front and rear LED Accent Lights to Heated Power Mirrors.
- Engine & Transmission Type: 3.3 Liter
- Displacement: 3342
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Horsepower: 290 hp @ 6,400 rpm
- Torque: 252 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm
- Valve Train: DOHC, 24-valve
- Valve Timing: Dual Continously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT)
- Transmission: Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive with Sportmatic™
One of my Favorite Features is the Liftgate
Girls on trips have lots of luggage and somehow over the course of that trip the luggage grows so the liftgate option is great. The new “programmable height” feature is optional.Check it out in action:
- Estimated City/Highway 2.4L w/GDI Fuel System: 22/32 MPG
- Estimated City/Highway AWD: 21/27 MPG
- Fuel Capacity (Gallons): 18.0
My Favorite Tech Features:
- Blind Spot Camera: With the assistance of Blind-Spot Detection, an available Radar System, you’re alerted to when vehicles are in your blind spot, allowing you to drive with more knowledge of what’s around you. This I use the most when traveling. Especially driving on unfamiliar roads.
- Back Up Camera: Shift into reverse and the Rear-Camera view displays on screen—giving you a live view of what’s behind you. And giving you more confidence when backing up. This is my favorite “mom feature. Even when I’m not with my kids I always check the back up camera.
- GPS: Going on a road trip with the GPS in this vehicle is exciting, but more important you feel SAFE. You know that your going to get where you need to be and even around certain traffic hotspots. Without GPS I’d be forever lost.
- Infinity® Surround Sound Audio System with Ten Speakers, External Amplifier & Subwoofer, HD Radio™: What’s a road trip without some car singing??
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity: Just makes me safer.
- USB/Auxiliary Input Jack: Connect your favorite music from your iPhone or other compatible mobile devices to Sorento’s audio system.
Listed as 1 of the 10 Best SUVs Under $25,000
The Kia Sorento SX FWD is a great option for those who want a little bit of everything for a great price. You can choose from so many different high end options and features with either the 5- or 7-passenger configuration. It’s great for those with a family or thos who want an SUV that won’t break the bank AND still has insane style with great function.