This was my second time chatting with Roberts “Bobs” Gannaway (Director) and Ferrell Barron (Producer). They are just 2 great guys who really enjoy their work. They have spent years on this film and you can tell how much they have invested in it. So let’s have some FUN FACTS about the movie!
- Yellowstone and Yosemite are the two Parks. You can see there are a lot of Monuments in there that are kind of taken from both. Waterfalls I think from Yosemite. Our Art Director spent a lot of time there obviously, taking a lot of pictures. We met with a lot of Park Rangers who toured us around and Old Faithful Inn, our Lodge is based on the Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone.
- We took aquick trip and didn’t have enough time. It was one of those Vacation trips where everyone’s cramped in a car. Griswolds like. Speeding to one location, jump out take pictures, speed to another. It was all packed in but that was — that was a joy just getting, really getting into a whole life of agony and you see places in the park that a lot of people don’t get to see
- Little things like the Lodges. There’s Rocking Chairs in front of the Fire places.
- The Old Jammer, I’m sure you’re familiar with it, is the Tour buses that are used, still used today in Glacier National Park in Yellowstone. They’re called Jammers because they would jam the gears and they don’t have Standard anymore, but still they’re called Jammers…
- Boat Reynolds came from research. We were driving through Yellowstone and there was a sign that said Boat Rentals. And I went, Oh Look, Boat Rental, Boat Reynolds.
- The Railway Station is actually based on a Railway Station that no longer exists that was the North Side, North end of Yellowstone, that was designed by the same Architect as the Old Faithful Inn.
- The Mine sequence, where Blade sort of shelters the fire for Dusty is based on a true story. That Mine sequence is based on a Gentleman named Polaski who saved a Group of Firefighters by taking them into a Mine in 1910 I think.
- We brought in an Oil Analysis which is really interesting when Dusty has his mishap, his kind of heart attack. It was fun to realize that when that really happens. It can actually happen when gear starts shredding in an Airplane, they release metals into the Oil and that’s how they analyze it and they analyze the oil and find out what metal is in the oil, which will determine what part of the Engine is faulting. What was interesting is that’s very much like a blood test basically because they’re taking it and they’re looking under a Microscope
- We had the same team, the same Consultant Jason McKinley who made sure the flight was accurate.
- We have Helicopters in our Movie and we brought in Chuck Aaron. Chuck Aaron is the top Helicopter Pilot in the world, and is just– You Tube Chuck Aaron and you’ll see the amazing things he does. He flies the Red Bull Helicopter.
- The Air Tankers are separate from the Smoke Jumpers. It’s a separate Unit. So we met both of them. We went to Smoke Jumper training.
Planes: Fire and Rescue ONLINE:
***Disclosure: I attended #DisneyInHomeEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***