So the blog has been sparse because Brian took me on a surprise anniversarry trip last weekend though mid week. We went to Gatlinburg TN, which was also where we went directly after we were married for our mini honeymoon. We also went to Gburg for our 4 year anniversary which was where we found out I was pregnant with Isabella. So it’s safe to say Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains hold a lot of memories for us.
Here is What I have Learned After 14 Years of Marriage:
- You have to have humor. Life happens and quite often it will be just the two of you stuck in a sticky situation. You have to laugh. Find the good in all that bad or you will be swallowed up.
- Spend Quality Time Together. If that means date nights on every 3rd Friday or secret mini vacations then do it. Don’t give those up. You both need to reconnect for different reasons and that time needs to happen.
- Be the First and Last. Everyday even if I am miles away. I talk to Brian first thing in the morning and before I go to sleep at night. He’s my person.
- Keep Falling In Love. It sounds cliche, but it’s what I do. I find myself constanly falling in love with Brian over and over for different reasons. His smile, his eyes, the way he loves me, the way he handles a situation with the kids.
- Never Go to Bed Mad. This was something we promised each other when we got married. I can’t say we’ve been flawless at this, but it works.
Do I have all the answers? Of course not. We have our good days and bad days just like everyone else. I just make sure that when those days happen it ends in love. I love you Brian Reasoner and hope we spend the rest of our lives as happy as I am right now.