Melissa & Joey is a half-hour comedy that follows Mel, the grown-up former wild child of a political family, who is now a local politician herself. When her sister ends up in prison and her brother-in-law flees after a scandal hits, Mel must take responsibility for her teenaged niece, Lennox, and nephew, Ryder. Help comes in the unlikely form of Joe, who moves in and becomes the family’s manny.
The series stars Melissa Joan Hart as Mel, Joey Lawrence as Joe, Taylor Spreitler as Lennox and Nick Robinson as Ryder.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE CAST!
Joey was even singing Christmas Songs in between takes and has an AMAZING voice! (He’s even recording a new album) They both adore their fans and said many times how much they count on them. Joey even calls his fans “Angels” on twitter. Joey also talked about how he’s struggling with the choice of letting his children into this business. One kiddo recently had an audition, but he wants his “Kids to just be kids” at the same time.
Both mentioned while doing TV promos for the show that they had known each other since they were five years old.
- He came in third on his stint of Dancing With The Stars
- Attended the University of Southern California.
- Met wife Chandie Yawn-Nelson while on vacation in Disney world when the two were teenagers, 13 years later they married there.
Melissa Joan Hart:
Was so down to earth she came over BEFORE makeup to say Hi. Enjoys being the one who “gets in trouble” on the show.
- She came in sixth place during her stint on Dancing With The Stars
Mel’s full name is actually Melanie, stated by in an interview about Season 2.
- Her acting career started at the age of four, when she did a commercial for a bathtub toy called Splashy
- Is vice-president of Hartbreak Films, a production company she runs with her mother and stepfather
- Collects Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Temple memorabilia
The winter premiere is wednesday jan 14 8/7c so set your DVRs today! Here’s a clip from that episode:
***Disclosure: I attended #ABCFamilyEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***