About The Show
Baby Daddy is a half-hour comedy that follows Ben, a young man in his early 20s living the life of a bachelor in New York City with his buddy, Tucker, and his brother, Danny. Their lives are turned upside down when they come home one day to find a baby girl left on the doorstep by an ex-girlfriend of Ben’s. After much deliberation, Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his friends and his protective and sometimes over-bearing mother, Bonnie, and his close female friend, Riley.
The series stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau as Ben, Derek Theler as Danny, Tahj Mowry as Tucker, Melissa Peterman as Bonnie, and Chelsea Kane as Riley.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE CAST!
Melissa Peterman who plays Bonnie lives near Tahj Mowry who plays Tucker and might carpool on occasion. Speaking of Melissa Peterman…O….M…G is she one insanely funny lady. The things she will do for a selfie. Lying on the floor, posing, just cracking us all up. You can tell this woman knows how to have a good time My selfie with her is a bit blurry only because we couldn’t stop laughing.
- Appeared with her husband, John Brady, cast-mate Christopher Rich (Reba (2001) and his wife, Eva Halina, on TLC’s Trading Spaces (2000).
- as a bridesmaid in Reba co-star JoAnna Garcia Swisher’s wedding
- Is so awesome at physical comedy in Baby Daddy they let her improv a bit
- Peterman is from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Then you have Tahj Mowrey. Mowry made his TV debut guest starring on Who’s The Boss? and later played a recurring role on Full House. Do you remember him? I do! This guy is a pro. While watching him film a funny scene he kept cracking the cast and crew up. It was a physical comedy scene where he pierces his ear. Watch for it. I promise it’s a good laugh.
- Younger brother of identical twin sisters Tia Mowry-Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley.
- Played varsity football
- Often did Pine-Sol commercials the same year his older sisters filmed Sister, Sister (1994), before taking on larger roles.
We have Derek Theler who portrays Danny Wheeler, Ben’s brother, a professional hockey player. This guy is SUPER tall. Which of course makes for the perfect selfie arm! Plus, he’s just a nice guy. We kept having to stop and start talking during our chat due to filming and he never got frustrated. He just kept smiling and going along.
- Audtitioned for Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), but lost to Chris Evans.
- He was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was age 3.
- He enjoys playing football, swimming and riding his motorcycle.
- He has a degree in pre-medicine.
Chelsea Kane is just as bubbly in person as she is onscreen. Her character Riley is torn between 2 brothers…who happen to both be great guys AND look fabulous. Hard place I tell ya. Hard place.
- When she was eight years old, she starred in a Travelodge commercial
- The song Chelsea by The Summer Set is about her.
- Changed her last name. Why>”People struggled with pronouncing and spelling ‘Staub.’ Got tired of ‘Stab’ and ‘Stub,’ so “Chelsea Kane” makes life simpler”
Which leaves us with Jean-Luc Bilodeau portrays who Ben Wheeler, a young man in his early 20’s living the life of a bachelor as a bartender in New York City with his buddy Tucker and his brother Danny. His life is turned upside down when he comes home one day to find a baby girl left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. He said one of the hardest things was asking the babies who played his baby for “permission” before they start shooting. They get a new set of twins each season and I can only imagine how hard it is to parent and act with children who aren’t yours. The entire time the real parents watching every move you make. That in itself would be stressful, but he’s got this down.
- music library has about every genre of music possible. I’ve really gotten into Ray LaMontagne
- is heavy into hockey since he’s from Canada
- was a dancer for 9 years before becoming an actor
Remember Baby Daddy Winter Premiere Wednesday, January 14 at 8:30pm/7:30c on ABC Family!
***Disclosure: I attended #ABCFamilyEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***