***Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Naturally Fresh and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them. ***
The big game is on THIS upcoming Sunday….SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! We always try to do something fun and try out a new recipe that’s easy to do and a quick grab. This year we started out with Naturally Fresh Classic Ranch Dressing:
Made with Naturally Fresh’s® Buttermilk! Makes an excellent dressing for a traditional salad or wrap. Also works well as a dip for vegetables or topping for potatoes, Buffalo wings or other meats. Give mashed potatoes a kick by substituting for butter and milk.
Shelf Life: 180 Days Refrigerated
Have you heard of Naturally Fresh? If not you should stop by your local Publix or Kroger in the refrigerated section and grab some. Still can’t fin it? Use the free Naturally Fresh® mobile app to locate Naturally Fresh® products at your nearest store.
It’s my favorite dressing at the moment. Why? Naturally Fresh® is a line of high-quality, homemade-tasting salad dressings and dips with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. In today’s world that means a lot. Especially when you are cooking for multiple people.
- 17 ¼ oz package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12×12-inch square. Cut into 36 (2-inch) squares. Prick the pastry squares with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 72 squares in all. Place the squares onto baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Using the back of a spoon, press down the centers of the hot pastries to make an indentation.
4. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon each cheese and bacon onto each pastry. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Top with the dressing and chives.
What Naturally Fresh® Puts in Their Products:
Naturally Fresh® puts real, wholesome ingredients in their products – and you can taste the difference.
For instance, Naturally Fresh uses real chunks of aged bleu cheese and their own buttermilk in their Bleu Cheese dressing, and real herbs and spices like basil, black pepper, spicy ginger and tangy mustard seeds in many sweet and savory dressings and dips.
Some recipes are simple and basic, and others have more complex flavor profiles, requiring a sophisticated blend of ingredients. The end result is always a variety of dressings, dips and sauces that enhance your meals and snacks with fresh, delicious flavor.
What Naturally Fresh® Leaves Out of Their Products:
Many foods on store shelves today contain artificial flavors and colors that change the way the food tastes and looks, as well as preservatives that extend their shelf life. Naturally Fresh® refrigerated dressings are different. The company creates products that taste great by using wholesome ingredients, and leaving out artificial preservatives and artificial colors or flavors.
Naturally Fresh® does not use:
Artificial thickeners to make up texture that should come from real ingredients.
Monosodium glutamate (MSG), an artificial flavor enhancer.
Artificial preservatives. That’s why you’ll only find Naturally Fresh® products in the refrigerated section.
Artificial colors or flavors.