It’s not screen time – it’s book time! Starting today, Amazon is offering a special Kindle for Kids Bundle in time for summer reading. The Bundle includes a Kindle e-reader, a kid-friendly cover available in blue, green, pink, purple, and black, and an extended warranty provided by SquareTrade for up to two years of protection against accidental spills and drops – all for just $99 (a $39.98 savings).
Designed to help kids get excited about reading, the Bundle allows kids to easily take all of their books with them, wherever they might go this summer, on a compact device. With Kindle FreeTime, kids can view their reading progress for each book, track reading accomplishments for each day, and earn badges for reaching milestones. And, while in Kindle FreeTime, kids won’t have access to websites or social media, or accidentally make purchases in the Kindle store. Parents simply choose specific books for their kids from their existing Kindle library or may purchase new e-books from the Kindle store to add to their kids’ Kindle FreeTime profile.
With Kindle FreeTime, a kid-friendly cover and extended warranty, parents can rest assured the device is safe in young readers’ hands. To learn more about the Kindle for Kids Bundle, visit: www.amazon.com/kindleforkidsbundle.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Amazon is also offering a Summer Reading online resource for families to encourage summer reading, including tips on digital reading features and tools, such as Word Wise, Vocabulary Builder and Kindle FreeTime; special deals and discounts; and special Editorial Lists with curated book recommendations for readers of all ages. For example:
- “Bulldozer’s Big Day by Candace Fleming and Eric Rohmann
- “The Bear Ate Your Sandwich” by Julia Sarcone-Roach
- “Red: A Crayon’s Story” by Michael Hall
- “Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Secret of the Silver Key” by Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser
- “Captain Awesome Goes to Superhero Camp” by Stan Kirby and George O’Connor
- “One Crazy Summer” by Rita Williams-Garcia
- “The Terrible Two” by Mac Barnett, Jory John and Kevin Cornell
- “Big Nate on a Roll” by Lincoln Peirce
- “The Boundless” by Kenneth Oppel
For more information, visit: www.amazon.com/summerreadingkids.