I already told you a little bit of our EPIC set visit to MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Now I have been told by command and I can share part 2 now and part 3 soon! This week let’s talk COSTUMES. I love interviewing costume designers as I find that job fascinating.
Fun Facts From Ann:
- 30% of the clothing is custom made by Ann and her team. However, it varies from episode to episode.
- For Raina’s “flower dresses” They print out the fabric they use to create the dresses.
- Agent May’s famous silver sequin dress had 5 (FIVE) versions AND they had a short lead time on designing them:
1. Beautiful Dress for May herself.
2. Dress for May to fight in
3.Stunt Double Dress
4. Stunt Double Dress 2
5. Agent 33 Dress
- Lots of outfits are bought by “shoppers” (Can I get a job like that!? lol) Ann likes shopping online and loves using Shopbop and Net-A-Porter
- She always go to the source material, because she thinks it’s important. These are established characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and she respects that. But at the same time, it’s about bringing them into S.H.I.E.L.D. world and making it believable for the world of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. So, it’s always a little bit of a balance.
Filming a KEY Scene
Everything is hurry up and wait on set. They would sneak us around and show us lots of cool behind the scenes areas and we were in video village watching a key scene from the season finale being filmed and ***HOLY SPOILERS*** I wish I could share just what they were filming, but we can chat about that later. Anywho, we were just walking down a hallway and BOOM there was Chloe Bennet sitting in a chair getting “bruised up”. She was super awesome and very excited about what she was filming. I can say Sky pretty much ROCKS in the upcoming episodes. Speaking of Upcoming Episodes…
TUNE IN TONIGHT TUESDAY, MAY 5 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network
WAR TEARS SKYE APART, ON “MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.” ON ABC
Edward James Olmos Guest Stars as Robert Gonzales
“Scars” – Skye is torn between her loyalty to S.H.I.E.L.D. and her connection to the Inhumans as tensions rise between the groups — and Coulson reveals a secret he’s been hiding from even those closest to him, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TONIGHT!
”Scars” was written by Rafe Judkins & Lauren LeFranc and directed by Bobby Roth.
For more information on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” visit ABC.com
Follow us on: Facebook www.facebook.com/AgentsofSHIELD
Oh and yes I did get my #fangirl on! More pics in the last post, but here’s a sneak: I WAS ON THE QUINJET PEOPLE!!!! 😉
***Disclosure: I attended #AvengersEvent . My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney & ABC. All opinions are 100% mine. Pictures by Professional Disney Photographers ***