Today is bittersweet. It’s the LAST day our EXCLUSIVE #AntManEvent Coverage from the Set Visit last year in Atlanta. So let’s go off with a bang…..
I AM ANT-Man
ok, not really, but that IS the official Ant-Man helmet that Paul Rudd wore. I’ve been waiting not so patiently for almost a YEAR to share that. Don’t worry I already uploaded as my facebook profile and yes I’m a dork, but you gotta admit….it’s sooo cool! We met with Costume Designers Sammy Sheldon and Ivo Coveney while we were on set and learned a few interesting fun facts about both the helmet and the suit.
8 Fun Facts About Ant-Man’s Suit and Helmet
- They used lots of interesting new things such as 3-D printing when making the suit
- In the background of the costume designers you can see different aspects used for the backpack and belt
- The suit uses bug/insect patterns on the fabric
- Some helmets/suits were called “Hero”, some “Stunt”, some “Glamour” depending on what they were needed for. If Paul Rudd was standing around looking pretty he would not need the “Stunt” setup.
- Speaking of “Hero”…the “Hero” belt itself had over 50 pieces!
- There were 13 suits, 17 helmets, 8 pairs of gloves, and 17 belts!
- Research? It took 7 months of prep time to make the costume
- 3 people working = 3 weeks for 1 suit
Fascinating! I can’t wait to see the suit and helmet in use on the big screen!
Ant-Man In Theaters July 17th
The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man.” Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Marvel’s “Ant-Man” stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Corey Stoll as Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket, Bobby Cannavale as Paxton, Michael Peña as Luis, Tip “T.I.” Harris as Dave, Wood Harris as Gale, Judy Greer as Maggie, David Dastmalchian as Kurt, and Michael Douglas as Dr. Hank Pym. Directed by Peyton Reed and produced by Kevin Feige, Marvel’s “Ant-Man” delivers a high-stakes, tension-filled adventure on July 17, 2015.
***Disclosure: I attended the Ant-Man Set Visit My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***