Summer is here in full force, which means kiddos playing outside all day then coming in hot, sweaty, and hungry. The husband has usually been outside working so it’s hard to come up with something that they ca eat, that won’t take long to fix, and will actually be refreshing. One of my go to recipes is our Summer Caprese Salad. It’s good anytime of the year, but exceptionally good in the summer. Recently Food Lion asked if I would like to submit a recipe to their awesome Recipe Portal and the Summer Caprese Salad immediately came to mind.
We shop at our local Food Lion often. ESPECIALLY, when they have great deals going on. I’ve been a member of their MVP program for YEARS. What is that?
- Save Time and Money: Build a shopping list before you go to the store to keep your trip organized, efficient and on budget.
- Remember Coupons: Add items from your My Coupons section directly to your shopping list to make sure you never miss a deal!
- Don’t Forget the Weekly Specials: Our weekly specials help stretch your budget. Add items directly from the Weekly Flyer to your shopping list.
- The Right Ingredients, Every Time: Add ingredients from a recipe directly to your shopping list, you’ll never come home without that special ingredient.
Bottom Line is the MVP Savings/Awards Program is one of the best out there and you can sign up AT the store during your next shopping trip! I love it!
Recipes are everywhere these days, but I feel like half the time I spend searching for a recipe I forget which site it was I saw it so I try to keep my searching to a minimum. I do include the Food Lion Recipe Portal. I know I can find recipes that the whole family will like and they are made by real moms just like me! Tested by families just like ours! That means a lot to me. I want to see how everyday families cook. I also took a stab at using their recipe portal to submit a recipe and it was SUPER easy.
- Go to the Recipe Portal
- On the right Hand side Click “Submit a Recipe”
- Then just have a fun recipe name, the ingredients, the instructions, and a picture of your finished plate
- Hit submit and wait 1-2 business days for it to be to be approved!
Easy right?! As I said above I submitted my Summer Caprese Salad recipe. Want to check it out? Go HERE!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.