It’s been nice to sort of have a mini break. Now, it is time to get back to traveling for work and boy does this next trip full of awesome:
During this part of the event we will be screening the all-new short film “RILEY’S FIRST DATE?” Followed by a few Group interviews:
- with Josh Cooley (Director) & Mark Nielsen (Producer)
with Kyle MacLachlan (voice of “Riley’s Dad” – @Kyle_MacLachlan) & Kaitlyn Dias (voice of “Riley” – @kaitlyn_dias)
with Phyllis Smith (voice of “Sadness”) & Richard Kind (voice of “Bing Bong”)
with Pete Docter (Director of INSIDE OUT) & Jonas Rivera (Producer of INSIDE OUT)
PLUS, a fun “RILEY’S FIRST DATE?” green screen photo opp.
Riley’s First Date? is an upcoming 2015 Pixar animated short, starring the characters from Inside Out. It will be included as an exclusive bonus feature on the October 13 Digital HD release and the November 3 Blu-ray releases of Inside Out. The main cast from the film will return to reprise their roles, including Ben Cox as Jordan.
This part of the event will take a day and a half, but it will be worth it. First up:
Screening of “SANJAY’S SUPER TEAM” (2D) followed by a Q&A with Director Sanjay Patel & Producer Nicole Grindle
“The short debuts in U.S. theaters in front of Disney-Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur” on Nov. 25, 2015.”
Then we will check out Footage Presentation of THE GOOD DINOSAUR (2D) Followed by joining Director Peter Sohn & Producer Denise Ream around the campfire for marshmallow roasting and a slideshow to hear stories from their research trips. Sounds like a fun night!
The first part of the day on October 1st will be full of even more #GoodDinoEvent since it will be the press event day.
“The Good Dinosaur” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo
(voice of Raymond Ochoa) makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
We will be doing LOTS of fun and informative things at PIXAR this day including:
- Tour of the Pixar Campus
- A tour through Pixar’s archive warehouse in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of TOY STORY
- THE LOOK OF THE FILM – Color scripts to final picture progression presentation with Sharon Calahan (Director of Photography – Lighting)
- THE GOOD DINOSAUR Filmmaker Presentations
- PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT: Hear from Screenwriter Meg LaFauve and Story Supervisor Kelsey Mann how the story gets developed and boarded, and learn how to draw your own Arlo!
- DINOS IN THE WILD: Hear from Production Designer Harley Jessup how the Art department designed the different dinosaurs in the film and their surrounding environments.
- EFFECTIVE STORYTELLING: Explore with Supervising Technical Director Sanjay Bakshi and Effects Supervisor Jon Reisch how the Effects team created different environments using effects to support the storytelling.
- “ACTING” LIKE DINOS: Supervising Animator Mike Venturini and Animator Kevin O’Hara will give you an animation demo highlighting the reference used by animators to inform the movement of the dinosaurs.
- VIEW FROM ABOVE: Learn about creating the expansive world in the film with Sets Supervisor David Munier, and hear how the team used actual USGS data of the northwest United States to create the sets.
Depart Pixar for Google HQ. First PIXAR and now GOOGLE?! My #Geekgirl is going to love this trip!
Arrive at the MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND press event where we check out a MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND episode and featurette screening .
Panel discussion and Q&A with:
-Julie Ann Crommett, Moderator, Google
-Angela Navarro, Google Engineer
-Sascha Paladino, MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND Creator & Executive Producer
-Diane Ikemiyashiro, Director of Original Programming, Disney Junior
-Dr. Yvonne Cagle, NASA Astronaut & Consultant on Miles from Tomorrowland
-Isis Anchalee, Software Engineer behind the #Ilooklikeanengineer social media movement
PLUS I’ll be touring The Walt Disney Family Museum again and sharing the latest new things from there. It’s going to be a jam packed couple of days, but follow the hashtags on social media. We will definitely be posting some fun and informative stuff!