I love test driving new cars. It’s fun, they are fast, and you have your own personal music station. Mix fun friends into the equation and you have a great event. I was recently in Aspen, Colorado (First time!) to check out the 2016 Kia Optima. This next generation Optima is perfect for the moms that want to look cool in the pick up line. With a starting price point of only $21,840 it is not a car that is out of your league. Now let’s get to some pictures of the actual car and the beauty of Aspen.
We started out in beautiful Snowmass Village where we stayed at the Viceroy. Perfect location and Fall was in full effect. The tress looked like they were on fire.
One of my favorite things about Kia as a brand is that they value their relationships. They welcomed us bloggers, social media influencers, and auto writers with open arms, great food, local music, and food that was incredible.
Fun Fact: Famous writer Hunter S. Thompson is a local and you can see how the scenery was very influential to him.
Kia thinks about the little things. We had an oxygen bar to help with the altitude and even some pills for those who get motion sickness while driving the winding roads through Colorado. When a brand thinks of those little things for people attending the event it makes me see the little things that they have included in the overall design of the New Optima.
A sleek fusion of bold style, heart-pounding performance, and advanced technology, the all-new 2016 Optima confidently pushes the boundaries of the midsize sedan, with plenty of attitude to spare.
A few things to note about the All New 2016 Optima:
- Instantly Recognizable European Design
- Boldly designed to be functional and sporty with exterior dimensions that are marginally longer, taller and wider
- The wheelbase has been extended to 110.4 inches (increased 0.4 inches), and the vehicle has been widened to 73.2 inches (increased 1.2 inches).
- Increased dimensions also allow for more cargo capacity in the trunk, up 0.5 cu.-ft. from the previous-generation Optima to 15.9 cu.-ft.
- Drawing inspiration from Kia’s premium and luxury sedans, the Optima utilizes more soft-touch materials throughout the passenger compartment
- A stiffer seat frame reduces vibration; soft foam in the headrest and upper back, and denser, more supportive foam in thigh-support areas allow occupants to nestle into seats with deeper side bolsters.
- Kia’s cutting-edge connectivity system, UVO2, comes standard with four additional eServices not previously available on Optima: Geo-fencing, Speed Alert, Curfew Alert and Driving Score3. Additionally, Optima is Kia’s pilot vehicle for the introduction of Android4 Auto™ and Apple5 CarPlay® (late availability), which allow drivers to access a suite of core functions from their smartphones
- True audiophiles will gravitate to a Kia-first available Harman/Kardon QuantumLogic™7 Premium Surround Sound Audio System8, which includes 10 speakers, Clari-Fi™7 technology and an upgraded 630-watt digital amplifier. Clari-Fi is a patented music restoration technology that rebuilds audio signals that are lost in the digital compression process.
Then it was time to pick a car and go for a ride!
***Disclosure: I attended the #OptimaInAspen Event My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Kia All opinions are 100% mine. ***