It’s that time of the year year again, but one you may not think of. Besides stuffing our face for Thanksgiving and celebrating all of the other fun holidays that are approaching us at the speed of light it is also Open Enrollment Time. Open Enrollment started on November 1st and ends on January 31st 2016. What exactly is Open Enrollment? It’s that time of year where you look over your health insurance. Check and make sure you are current with what applies to you and make changes if needed and that is where Turbo Tax comes in.
TurboTax Tools & Resources
- TurboTaxHealth.com is a helpful resource for people to learn about the effect of heath care policies on their taxes. TurboTax offers a suite of free tools and calculators that make it super easy to learn how the ACA might impact your taxes and finances
- Based on the focus, insert one of the following:
- Easily understand if you qualify for assistance to pay for health insurance
- See if you qualify for exemptions for going without insurance
- Whether they will be responsible for a penalty – and how much – if they choose not to purchase health coverage
Makes it all sound a little bit easier right? Plus, check out these facts on WHY you should use Turbo Tax this year for Open Enrollment:
- TurboTax does not charge taxpayers any extra fees for any health care related forms.
- At TurboTax, we believe American taxpayers should spend their hard-earned money on keeping their families healthy, not on having to pay to show they are complying with the health care law.
- As with all tax situations, TurboTax simplifies the tax filing process, and reporting your health insurance is no different. You just answer a few basic questions about your life — we do all the rest.
- Reporting your health insurance status in TurboTax is so straightforward, you can easily do it on your smartphone or tablet.
Bottom line is that now is the time to make these decisions. So grab the family and figure out what is best for you and make those changes now. You can even talk to your friends and family after Thanksgiving dinner to remind them about Open Enrollment and see what options they choose. Just hop on over to TurboTax and you can do it all super simply and easy.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.