***Disclosure: I was provided a visit to review from Momtrends and Amwell. All opinions are 100% mine. ***
We’ve all been there. It’s the middle of the night and either the kiddos or us are sick. Nothing is open. We just have to make it till morning. Which just makes everyone even more miserable. I have heard and seen various “Doctors on Call” online, but have never tried them until Amwell.
What is Amwell
Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors, dieticians and psychologists for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop.
Some general conditions our doctors encounter include: minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management. We employ primary care, specialist physicians, licensed behavioral therapists and registered dietitians to meet our patients’ health and wellness needs.
Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are dedicated to keeping you healthy – all from the comfort of your home.
Have one of these symptoms
Have a question to ask a doctor? Get the care you need quickly – typical issues include:
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory infection
- Weight concerns
- Smoking cessation
You guys know I travel frequently in this crazy life. I have had a cold for about 2 or 3 weeks now. As a mom, wife, and with my busy travel schedule I haven’t had the time to schedule an actual Dr. visit. Yet, every night before bed I start hacking, coughing, and feeling miserable. So, with all of that and now Thanksgiving fast approaching I decided to give AmWell a try after all their saying is: “Save money. Save time. Save yourself. See A Doctor Now—On Us.”
I started my visit at 12:17. This was my first time signing up. It was simple and easy to sign up. It was the basics of any Dr. visit. My symptoms, my history, my stats (age, weight, known allergies, current medications), and my payment information. After that, it was a matter of waiting on my Primary Care Physician to begin my visit.
I did have a bit of technical difficulty with my first Dr. She couldn’t see me on the video.The next time I could see my Dr., but was having audio problems. She called me back immediately and told me she would not the poor connection and credit my account. So make sure you are in an area with good reception. From there Lisa Thompson my physician reviewed my information and was ready to “see” me.
Our talk was only a few short minutes. I described my coughing at night and that I’ve had it for the past few weeks and I’m prone to bronchitis. She asked the typical follow up questions, including: “Are you coughing anything up? If you are what color? Are you wheezing? Have you been running a fever? Are you allergic to anything? What medication are you currently taking.” I felt like I was at my regular Dr. She then told me it sounds like I do have bronchitis and prescribed me an Albuterol inhaler and some medicine for my coughing. All at my local pharmacy and that they should have it ready within 90 minutes as they were a bit busy today. I finished my call at 12:54.
Overall, I was extremely impressed with the quickness, the effectiveness, and the diagnosis. I felt comfortable with the entire process and she said if my symptoms continue then to go to my regular Doctor. I feel that I will definitely use this service again. Especially when it is in the middle of the night and a member of the family is miserable.
Why Choose Amwell
Created by doctors, Amwell is:
– The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
– The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
– The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
– The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit
Top 5 Reasons to Use Amwell
1. Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits costing $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance
2. Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for those who do have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet.
3. Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
obtain common primary care prescriptions.
4. Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to average,
5. Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
Use Amwell on Me!
Interested in using Amwell on me for ONLY a $1?! Check and see if you are on the 46 availble states. Go to the Amwell website and when you are to the part where you put your payment information use the coupon code: BEWELL12 If you do use it, please let me know how you like it! Happy and HEALTHY Holidays to all!