Tracee Ellis Ross, actress, performance artist and motivational speaker, is the star of the *HIT* ABC comedy series “black-ish,” which airs Wednesday nights. Ross is best known as the star of the hit sitcom “Girlfriends” that ran for eight seasons on The UPN/CW network. Her role on the series earned her eight NAACP Image Award nominations including two wins, one in 2007 and another in 2009, in the category of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. She also starred in and produced the BET series “Reed Between the Lines,” opposite Malcolm-Jamal Warner, which won her a third NAACP Image Award. She’s also the daughter of Diana Ross so she’s kinda a rockstar as well.
Tracee took time out of her busy schedule to come hang out with us Mom Bloggers on set and share with us some SECRETS from set. I’ll be sharing more pics of the black-ish set next week, but first let’s get to some fun!
- Even though it’s a 22 minute show it takes 5 days to shoot
- The kids have different schedules for legal reasons. For example Anthony, Tracee, and Grace can “push later” after lunch, but the kids have “hard outs” and can’t
- Tracee had nothing, but good to say about the kids, including: “they’re not jaded, like they just have a pure joy!”
- Between takes, there’s a lot of giggling and laughing and videos being taken and pictures and everything
- Tracee has a LOT of input regarding her character Rainbow Johnson, But also loves the “wonderful costume department, led by Michelle Cole”
- She wanted Bow to be “dressed hair and makeup wise really like a woman that had authentically, like I don’t, I don’t know a mother of four with a career and a husband and all of that that can spend a ton of time putting together looks and doing the whole thing”
- Tracee’s favorite episode is “Churched”, but it’s hard to choose a favorite
TUNE IN TONIGHT
Dre has always looked out for the crew he grew up with, but when his childhood friend Sha (guest star Faizon Love) comes to stay at the house for a few days, Bow thinks he is taking advantage of Dre’s generosity. Meanwhile, Daphne Lido (played by Wanda Sykes), the now ex-wife of Stevens & Lido’s founding partner, gains control of half of the company and wants to start inserting herself in company business. When Daphne starts to question Charlie’s work ethic, Dre must decide who he remains loyal to.
Make sure to check in next week for photos from the set!
***Disclosure: I attended the #ABCTVEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***