Last week I was able to tell you a bit about Behind The Scenes of Zootopia and now I can finish that. Now I’m going to go on a bit about: CHARACTERS: CREATING THE CITIZENS OF ZOOTOPIA.
- Zootopia had to be built and they found every size of Mammal and we had to accommodate the largest and smallest Animals.
- Hotel Beds for example, they have to be able to sleep comfortably, a Rhino or a Fox .
- One of the coolest things about the City is how it’s designed. Zootopia has different neighborhoods that celebrate different Climates and Cultures.
- For the Desert Animals, there’s Sahara Square which is huge and hot and dry. It’s just this beautiful, beautiful area. It’s this really kind of upscale area like Dubai or Monte Carlo, all kind of rolled into on. Very sunny.
- Chilly Tundra Town where the cold weather Animals live like Polar Bears, Moose, and Arctic Shrews. In Tiger Town, they have Coolers under the sidewalk to keep everything frozen and they’ve got what they call a 3:00 Blizzard every day. What’s great about this location is what we get to reuse a lot of that Snow left over from “Frozen.” Got barrels full of it.
- There’s the Rainforest District and sometimes, it takes a long time to get from the top of the Canopy to the 4th Floor so sometimes we just put the Blimp like that right there.
- There’s a little itty bitty neighborhood called Little Revencha which is like Greenwich Village but only about 2 feet tall and this is where all the little Mice live.
- Then there’s Bunny Borough which has millions and millions and millions of Super cute Bunnies.
- If you had enough money and enough determination and these Animals, you could build an enormous Air Conditioning and Heating Wall which you see dividing Tundra Town at the top. That wall is about 5,000 Mice high.
Bottom line is Zootopia gives us a peek into what animals would be like living in our day to day world and what I’ve seen has been adorable. I can’t wait to attend the big #ZootopiaEvent later this month is Disney World! I’ll be sharing even MORE fun facts, more from the actors, film makers, and fun from Disney World so be sure to tune in to the hashtag over all social media channels. Until then let me leave you with the new trailer and remember the movie heads to theaters March 4:
The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together—a
place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything. But
when rookie Officer Judy Hopps (voice of Ginnifer Goodwin) arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a
police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with a fast-talking, scam-artist fox, Nick Wilde (voice of Jason Bateman), to solve the mystery. Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia,” a comedy-adventure directed by Byron Howard (“Tangled,”“Bolt”) and Rich Moore (“Wreck-It Ralph,” “The Simpsons”) and co-directed by Jared Bush (“Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero”), opens in theaters on March 4, 2016.
***Disclosure: I attended the #StarWarsEvent + #ZootopiaEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***