Happy WORLD Nutella Day! How are you celebrating? I think that we should just put Nutella on all things today. Too much? Not enough?
Have you ever loved something so much you thought it deserved a holiday? An American blogger named Sara Rosso did. That’s why she founded World Nutella Day on February 5, 2007.
And Nutella fans loved it! They came together to celebrate their passion for Nutella on social media through photos, recipes, poems, and messages. From Italy to Australia to the Americas, World Nutella Day has since become a global phenomenon with people sharing and spreading the wonder of Nutella at home, work, and school; in their communities off- and online; with family, friends, and fellow fans everywhere.
In 2015, Sara transferred World Nutella Day to Ferrero (the makers of Nutella) to help it live on and grow for years to come. So for 2016, we searched for a new Chief Nutella Ambassador—someone with Sara’s delicious devotion—to help us lead the fans for this upcoming World Nutella Day.
So to promote it I’m sharing a FABULOUS recipe from lifestyle guru Brit Morin and her team at Brit + Co. Make sure you check out their site for more great recipes!
Nutella Breakfast Recipe
– 1 pound ready-to-bake pizza dough
– 1 stick salted butter, melted
– Cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll your pizza dough into a 12-inch round. Place on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
3. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
4. Spread Nutella® over pizza crust. Top with bananas, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
***Disclosure: This recipe was created by Brit + Co. and shared by me. ***