You have heard me many times talk about Ways To Save money on vacation, but sometimes you just need to splurge. Sometimes, the experience is worth it. Recently while I was in Orlando for the #ZootopiaEvent I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. All I can say is WOW.
Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic.
As soon as you walk into the lobby of the Jambo House you are in utter awe. The details Disney puts in all of the parks are even more so evident here at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Everywhere you look from the floors to the pictures to even the ceilings have some small detail that makes it all cohesive while at the same time visually pleasing. Staying onsite at the Animal Kingdom Lodge truly transported me away to the African Savanna. Plus, everyone I dealt with had the same Disney smile and helpful manner starting at the front desk.
Then I proceeded to my room. I’ve stayed both onsite and off so I knew the Lodge would have the Disney magic, but I wasn’t prepared for how magnificent it would be to look at your window and see the animals. Immediately I wished my family was with me to see this. I just sat on my balcony surrounded by the beauty and the magic of the giraffes and other animals.
Fun Fact: Discover over 30 species of African wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, gazelles, kudu and flamingos. Identify each species with a Wildlife Field Guide (found in your Guest Room, with extras available from the Lobby Concierge), and learn more about African animals and ecosystems during fun programs led by Animal Specialists.
While I had a Standard room with two beds and a partial savanna room there are lots of other options and views based on what is best for your family. I thought these standard rooms with bunk beds were adorable!
You could enjoy a day away from the parks with all of the options available for you to enjoy time spent at the Lodge:
Pools: Escape to an 11,000-square-foot pool with an exciting waterslide and gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, Uzima Pool includes a children’s wading pool and 2 whirlpool spas.
You can also cool off at Samawati Springs Pool, which offers a thrilling waterslide, 2 whirlpool spas and Uwanja Camp—an animal observation site-themed water playground with squirting Venus flytraps, a rope bridge, water cannons and more. Samawati Springs Pool is located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village.
- Supervised Children’s Activity Center: At Simba’s Clubhouse, kids 3 to 12 years of age can play games, have dinner and snacks, make crafts, watch Disney movies and make new friends—while parents enjoy an evening to themselves.
- Jambo House Campfire Activities: Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
- Hakuna Matata Playground: Kids can monkey around at this 24-hour playground overlooking the flamingo area and savanna.
- Jogging Trails: Jog around Uzima Pool or on the walking path that connects Jambo House to Kidani Village.
- Pumbaa’s Fun and Games Arcade: Conquer classic arcade games and popular video games at this arcade near The Mara café.
- Movies Under the Stars: Watch favorite Disney films in the fresh evening air by the Uzima Pool.
As you can tell there is SO much fun to be had by staying on site. PLUS, you have lots of dining options. So let’s chat about that next.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge serves award-winning, African-inspired specialties and classic American favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner, amid a lush, wildlife preserve.
- Fine/Signature Dining: Jiko – The Cooking Place
- Unique/Themed Dining: Boma – Flavors of Africa, Sanaa, Jiko Wine Tasting
- Quick-Service: The Mara, Maji Pool Bar, Uzima Springs Pool Bar
- Lounges: Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar, Victoria Falls Lounge
- Dining Events: Dine with an Animal Specialist, Jiko Wine Tasting, Wanyama Safari
- In-Room Dining: Room Service is available from 6:00 AM to Midnight
The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together—a
place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything. But
when rookie Officer Judy Hopps (voice of Ginnifer Goodwin) arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a
police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with a fast-talking, scam-artist fox, Nick Wilde (voice of Jason Bateman), to solve the mystery. Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia,” a comedy-adventure directed by Byron Howard (“Tangled,”“Bolt”) and Rich Moore (“Wreck-It Ralph,” “The Simpsons”) and co-directed by Jared Bush (“Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero”), opens in theaters on March 4, 2016.
***Disclosure: I attended the #ZootopiaEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***