Vacuuming is one of those chores that have to get done, but you secretly put it off until 5 minutes before you have guests over then you are scrambling like a madwoman….or at least that is what happens in my house. I have seen the robotic vacuums around for a few years now, had always gazed on them with adoration. Then a beautiful bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner showed up at my door and I literally squealed with delight and unwrapped that box as fast as I could.
Which is when our cat Bruiser jumped into the box as fast he could. It’s like he KNEW that Bob was there to pick up his mess and he needed to declare dominance. You can see the devilish look in his eyes. He was tapping that tail and evil eyeing poor Bob from the get go. Anywho, I digress. Let me tell you about Bob.
bObsweep PetHair is a Canadian, 4 in 1 robotic vacuum cleaner. He can simultaneously vacuum, sweep, mop and sterilize different floor types. Specializing in hair and dust, and an expert with pet fur, Bob even absorbs sub-micron particles using his HEPA filter. Having the largest dustbin in the industry, a UV light, a large and user friendly LCD, an extra long brush efficient in picking up hair, and numerous other features distinguish bObsweep PetHair from mainstream robotic vacuums.
- Vacuuming: A whopping 7500 RPM TurboLift Motor pulls dust, dirt, debris, and hair from the deepest reaches of all carpet types.
- Sweeping: Bob combines the power of a rotating, full-contact brush with a squeegee-style dust sweeper to clear a path through dust and hair.
- Mopping: Clip on Bob’s micro-fiber cloth and he will sweep and polish your floors simultaneously, surpassing the limits of a standard vacuum cleaner.
- UV sterilizing and air purifying: A 400 NM Ultra-Violet lamp sterilizes the floor below, while a HEPA filter removes sub-micron particles from the air around you, including mold, dust mites, and viruses.
- Low-Track Contouring: A Spring-Actuated Surface Automator adjusts Bob to match the level of any surface for maximum, continuous floor contact.
- Lithium X-AMPlified Battery (2-Year Warranty): Thanks to his high-capacity, quad cell lithium-ion battery, Bob works for over 1 hour and 15 minutes on a single charge.
- Dustbin: Bob’s cavernous, 1000 ML dustbin is the largest in the industry. Its three-layer filtration system prevents small particles from escaping back into the air.
- Remote Control: Control every movement and function, from his cleaning speeds to his cleaning modes, with his fully functional infrared remote.
Bob is definitely packed with features. Right out of the box I only needed to make a couple of adjustments and let him charge. I gave Bob a full charge and let him go on auto mode for the first time. Having a cat the most important feature I wanted to test out was if Bob grabbed all the pet hair. I was not dissapointed. Bob quickly learned our floor plan and picked up dust, cat hair, and bits of this and that on both our carpeted areas and our harwood floors. I really liked the fact that he sterilizes the floor as he cleans because we can all use a healthier living space. On a full charge he ran for a few minutes over the 1 hour 15 minutes that was promised.Now we have Bob programmed to go through the house two times a day and he hasn’t missed a cleaning yet. Once he’s done he finds his dock with ease and goes back to sleep until we need him again.
I also used the “mopping” attachemnt and the microfiber cloth really brightened up our kitchen floors! I was very impressed. Bob tackled each challenge easily. The only thing that he has trouble with is getting caught under our coffee table in the beginning. It’s that perfect height where if he he gets in at the right angle he can get stuck, but most of the time it is not an issue.
The first time Bob clocked in to work and encountered Bruiser I thought a fight might break out. Bruiser got close enough to attack then Bob turned on him and the next thing I knew our cat had ran so fast that he slid across the floor. By the 3rd time they encountered each other Bruiser was used to the robotic vacuum and he just casually walks by him and sniffs him to check him out and say what’s up. All in all we have a peace traty between the two of them and now I have someone to clean up all of that cat hair. Mission Accomplished.
Been looking to get into the robotic vaccumm game, but not sure which one to go for? Head on over to Amazon and check out the bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop. Normally $669 you can get it on sale now!
***Disclosure: I received a b)bseep pethair as compensation for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.***