The talents of three of the world’s greatest storytellers – Roald Dahl, Walt Disney and Steven Spielberg – finally unite to bring Dahl’s beloved classic “The BFG” to life. Directed by Spielberg, Disney’s “The BFG” tells the imaginative story of a young girl and the Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country. The BFG (Mark Rylance), while a giant himself, is a Big Friendly Giant and nothing like the other inhabitants of Giant Country. Standing 24-feet tall with enormous ears and a keen sense of smell, he is endearingly dim-witted and keeps to himself for the most part. Giants like Bloodbottler (Bill Hader) and Fleshlumpeater (Jemaine Clement) on the other hand, are twice as big and at least twice as scary and have been known to eat humans, while the BFG prefers Snozzcumber and Frobscottle. Upon her arrival in Giant Country, Sophie, a precocious 10-year-old girl from London, is initially frightened of the mysterious giant who has brought her to his cave, but soon comes to realize that the BFG is actually quite gentle and charming, and, having never met a giant before, has many questions. The BFG brings Sophie to Dream Country where he collects dreams and sends them to children, teaching her all about the magic and mystery of dreams. Having both been on their own in the world up until now, their affection for one another quickly grows, but Sophie’s presence in Giant Country has attracted the unwanted attention of the other giants, who have become increasingly more bothersome. Sophie and the BFG soon depart for London to see the Queen (Penelope Wilton) and warn her of the precarious giant situation, but they must first convince the Queen and her maid, Mary (Rebecca Hall), that giants do indeed exist. Together, they come up with a plan to get rid of the giants once and for all.
- BRINGING THE BFG TO LIFE: Take a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of the movie with Ruby Barnhill (“Sophie”)
- THE BIG FRIENDLY GIANT AND ME: A short about the friendship between the BFG and the little “bean” who lived in Giant Country before Sophie
- GOBBLEFUNK – THE WONDERFUL WORDS OF THE BFG: A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the BFG’s gloriumptious Gobblefunk
- GIANTS 101: – Meet the frightsome giants portrayed by actors Jemaine Clement, Bill Hader and more
- MELISSA MATHISON: A TRIBUTE
- JOHN WILLIAMS: SCORING A DREAM
Looking for more fun DIY items, recipes, or printables. Go check out The Disney Site for the BFG!
***Disclosure: I attended the #TheBFGBluray = #MOANAEvent My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***