I love a good adventure. Even more so when it’s a girlfriend getaway with my bestie Jeana from Surf and Sunshine. Mexico is one of my favorite destinations because each area is vastly different as are the properties. Last month we headed down to check out all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. Puerto Vallarta is a resort town on Mexico’s Pacific coast, in Jalisco state. It is known for its beaches, water sports and nightlife scene. I have to say that the all-inclusive Hard Rock gave us the best of everything, but here are the Top 4 Perks of choosing this resort.
It is the Hard Rock chain after all so of course, you expect some cool music experiences that you can get nowhere else and this resort doesn’t disappoint!
1. At the heart of each Hard Rock hotel are music-based experiences.
- The Sound of Your Stay — brand’s signature amenity program offering guests an all encompassing hands on music experience, including free delivery of Fender guitars for impromptu jam sessions, as well as DJ equipment, both available at no cost at all Hard Rock Hotels.
- Memorabilia — Hard Rock International is the owner of the world’s largest music memorabilia collection with more than 80,000 priceless and legendary pieces. Hard Rock Hotels are part music museum, with curated memorabilia showcases adorning the walls of each property.
- Rhythm & Motion — Recognizing that not all spa goers want to listen to ‘earth sounds’ or ‘rushing waters,’ Hard Rock recently launched the first fully music-infused spa menu — Rhythm & Motion — completely revolutionizing the spa experience. THINK: More Zeppelin than Zen 😉 Synchronicity is a modernized Swedish massage, where the guest lays on a table equipped with speakers that send vibrational pulls and bass through the body, a speaker-like dome (think hair dryer at the salon) falls overhead and plays an expertly curated playlist. All of this is going on while the therapists movements are synchronized to the music and beats, bringing the experience full circle. Utilizing Hard Rock’s differentiator – music – each treatment connects the healing power of music with the artistry of massage therapy. Much like seeing a really great show, the spa treatment leaves you feeling invigorated and ready to conquer the day — or night.
- Sleek, bold, colorful design — both locally and musically inspired, Hard Rock Hotels are recognized for their distinctive design that says “This is Hard Rock.” Local music culture and history influences the design of each property. For instance, Shakira memorabilia will be featured in Latin American destinations and memorabilia of the likes of Frank Sinatra in Palm Springs, etc. Hard Rock Hotels were also one of the first to adapt the lifestyle hotel design with lobby bars and lobbies being open social gathering places (some even have DJ booths and host events at the lobby)
- Live music — all Hard Rock Hotels are venues for live music, the lobby as mentioned is always happening (Hard Rock puts on more than 30,000 live music events each year around the world)
- VIBE — Visionary Individual Behind Energy. Every Hard Rock Hotel has a VIBE Manager that is in charge of overseeing the “vibe” and “feel” of every part of the hotel at different times throughout the day. This is the person responsible for NOT having Metallica play in the lobby at 6am, or opera music during a happy hour. They also control the lighting and basically have the coolest job ever.
- Rock Star Suites — our version of the classic penthouse. True music lovers can come with their whole “entourage” and stay in star studded digs — for instance, our Rock Star Suite in Riviera Maya is the first celebrity-branded one and was designed by Bret Michaels himself.
The next thing on my list is the food. Food can make or break your stay and with so many options at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, I was in heaven with each bite. With the resort being an all inclusive you have the opportunity to try flavors from around the world. My personal favorites were Zen because you know I can’t pass up sushi and Frida because it was authentic flavors of Mexico at it’s best. I also sampled the room service and have to recommend that as well for some great late night snacking. With this many choices, you can’t go wrong.
2. Amazing Food Choices and Resturants
- The Market: Rock out to fresh and exotic International cuisine at this bountiful buffet that takes you on a culinary odyssey around the world – from Mexico to Asia.
- Frida: Discover the fiery flavors, spices and passions of Mexico at Frida, serving Mexican cuisine in a festive atmosphere. The a la carte menu offers regional specialties, paired with tasty margaritas and tequilas.
- Zen: Enjoy mouthwatering Asian cuisine, including Izakaya, teppanyaki and sushi from the extensive a la carte menu. With its modern Japanese decor and peaceful vibe, Zen dishes up fresh, creative eats off the vibrant lobby.
- Ciao: Savor exquisite Italian cuisine in the warm, romantic ambiance of Ciao. Indulge in the vivacious foods of Italy and the Mediterranean with subtle textures and bold flavors that infuse passion and zest into your dining experience.
- Ipanema: Enjoy the sexy, modern outdoor ambiance of this Brazilian grill. Sit and savor sumptuous Brazilian cuisine and authentic Rodizio service so you can sample and share. At Ipanema, you’ll enjoy the passionate cooking and culture of South America.
- Pizzeto: Dig into brick-oven style pizza that’s piping hot and crispy at Pizzeto.
The last thing that makes a girlfriends getaway to Mexico complete is the nightlife. After all, we traveled down here for the sun, beaches, pools, food, and fun. As you can see below the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta lights up at night and is full of festive fun.
3. Nightlife: Dancing, Music, and Theme Nights
- Sun Bar: Grab a cocktail or a sumptuous snack at our Lobby Bar, serving a diverse menu of spirits, world wines, and beer. With its chic, modern ambiance, and cozy sitting areas, the Sun Bar presents an exciting line-up of nightly live music, casino nights, contents and Karaoke.
- The Eclipse Terrace: is next to the Sun Bar with a beautiful Ocean View.
- Splash Bar: Experience the beautiful ambiance and laid-back vibe at the Splash Bar, located at our tropically landscaped swimming pool.
- Themed Night Shows: Let’s hope you have a little rock ‘n roll sensibility in you. Get out of your seat and on stage, joining the rhythm of the night and the festive spirit of Vallarta. Walk down to our outdoor amphitheater to enjoy parties where fun, food and spirits are flowing. Raise a glass and enjoy fabulous Nuevo Vallarta shows, concerts, live music, and performances in the Sun Bar that celebrate the culture, music, and people of Nayarit. Join our shows, concerts and parties every Monday through Sunday from 9:00pm – 11:00pm. Bar service is offered during the shows.
As you can tell we had an amazing time at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta and I’d go again in a heartbeat. This isn’t my first Hard Rock experience and it won’t be the last. Make sure you check out their online specials! Snag a deal and travel to Mexico for your next girlfriend getaway!
***Disclosure: I attended the #ThisIsHardRock Event My lodgings, and expenses were covered by the resort. All opinions are 100% mine. ***