All Hail The King
The Lion King, that is! The Lion King claims its rightful place as part of the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Digital & Disney Movies Anywhere Aug 15, and on Blu-ray Aug 29. Pre-order now: di.sn/60038qNCN. Everyone has their own special memory of The Lion King. I watched it when it first came out, but the memory that strikes me the most was when I first showed it to my son. He started crying and said, Mama I don’t know why I’m crying!” We snuggled and I dried his tears away, but that’s how powerful The Lion King is. Now that it’s going to be re-released many families and friends will get to make their own Lion King memories as well.
About The Lion King
The Lion King Roars To Its Rightful Place In The Walt Disney Signature Collection. Celebrate the glory of The Lion King as this magnificent coming-of-age masterpiece takes its rightful place as the reigning star of the acclaimed Walt Disney Signature Collection! With humor and heart, breathtaking animation, soul-stirring Academy Award®–winning music*, and revealing new Bonus Extras, this much-beloved story transports you to the Pride Lands and inspires generations of fans to find their places in the “Circle Of Life”. Create memories that will transcend time with Disney’s The Lion King—a treasured classic that belongs in every family’s collection!
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
Watch some of the Behind The Scenes session here:
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie: “Circle of Life,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” “Be Prepared,” “Hakuna Matata,” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight.”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
Everything about The Lion King was a perfect storm of incredible people behind a wonderful story. I can’t wait for this to be a part of our collection. How about you?
***Disclosure: I attended the #PixarCocoEvent and #TheLionKing My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***