Recently I had a chance to go to the first every Haul-O-Ween at Cars Land in Disneyland and it was pretty spectacular. The decorations were Disney at it’s best. Truly. Halloween is my favorite holiday so seeing how they incoporated Halloween in at Cars Land now has me thinking of recreating some of these looks for a CARS 3 themed Haul-O-Ween in-home screening party at home! Check out all of the awesome details below along with some fun facts about Haul-O-Ween below:
All About Haul-O-Ween:
Everyone’s favorite Cars characters have transformed Radiator Springs into their own Haul-O-Ween celebration. Scary the “Scare-car” greets guests at the entrance of Route 66 for a special photo opportunity. Each of the Cars has decorated its establishment for the season. With Fillmore showing off his Jack-Oil-Lanterns and ghostly folk art, Sarge displaying his “pump-kins,” and a Spider-Car spinning webs all over the outside of Flo’s V8 Café, the town of Radiator Springs will indeed be transformed into Radiator Screams!
Two of the attractions also have been transformed for Halloween for the first time. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree. Expect to hear some creepy, new songs and fun haunted twists on other hits, including “Monster Truck Smash” and “Welcome to Radiator Screams” as guests whirl around the graveyard. Additionally, Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween, an all-new spooktacular dance celebration where Luigi and Guido entertain the cugini (cousins) with Halloween twists to traditional Italian festival songs like the “Terror-antella,” “The Chop Top of Carsoli” and more. It’s hair-raising fun … for a limited time!
Also, for the first time, the Cars characters will be donning their Halloween “car-stumes” as they greet guests and prepare to go “trunk-or-treating.” Mater will be wearing his vampire or “van-pire” outfit, while Lightning McQueen is dressed as a super hero. Cruz Ramirez, Red the Fire Truck and DJ get dressed up as a pirate, a clown and a punk rocker, respectively.
Fun Facts About Haul-O-Ween
- Cars wear their favorite “car-stumes” for Haul-O-Ween – Mater dresses up as a “van-pire,” Lightning is a super hero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate, Red the Fire Truck is a clown and DJ is a punk rocker.
- Sha-BOO! – This Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land is taken over by supernatural spirits each evening for a haunting Sha-BOO! Sheriff’s voice arrives on the scene to return the town to order and welcome guests to Radiator Screams.
- Trunk-or-Treating Tunes – The background music in Cars Land features a new lineup of kooky Halloween-inspired songs.
- Scary the Scare-car – Greeting guests as they enter Radiator Screams is another new addition: Scary the Scare-car. Guests hear the story about how Scary came to be while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- A Creepy, Crawly Cruiser – Spinning a web of mayhem at Flo’s V8 Cafe is a “terrifying” Spider-car. Guests need not fear though, since this eight-legged friend is available for photos. The Haul-O-Ween designers repurposed a “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for this unique experience.
- Zombie Car Effect – An out-of-service car with an undead battery refuses to “rust in peace” as it attempts to come back to life in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular rumor, these are not the remains of her beloved Stanley.
- Sarge’s Pump–kin Patch – Sarge is growing a patch of seasonal pump-kins. He plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to his neighbor, Fillmore, to make some “organic fuel.”
Fillmore’s Yard Art – Fillmore, the resident free spirit of Radiator Screams, adds his artistic touch to the Haul-O-Ween season. His most prominent piece is a wacky, kinetic sculpture: a spinning mobile of “jack-oil-lanterns.”
- Witchy Miss Lizzie – Flying over Cadillac Range is Old Witchy Miss Lizzie. Her curiosity shop, now appearing as if it belongs to a vintage witch, specializes in special Haul-O-Ween Boo-veniers!
- Disorder in the Court – Strange things are brewin’ over at the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the old building new life (with moving eyes in the window).
- Horn-O-Plenty – This mysterious artifact was unearthed on Haul-O-ween Night in 1936. Every year the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back to its rightful home and adorn it with seasonal gifts.
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree’s New Tunes – The tractors are spinning to new versions of beloved Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree songs as well as Haul-O-Ween-inspired parodies of Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett (Monster Truck Smash) and Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley (Purple Fender Bender).
- Luigi’s Favorite Holiday – Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before moving to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting the cousins to come celebrate for the first time. Their “Terror-antella” tells the story of Luigi and Guido building the town’s beloved Scare-Car, Scary.
- Ramone’s House of Body Art – While not part of Haul-O-Ween, Ramone is celebrating Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Newly painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named Sugar) decorate the outside. Inside, Ramone has built an ofrenda to celebrate the life of the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson. Items celebrating the life and career of the old racecar are on display.
- Brake’s Motel – Sally seasonally creates a themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel out of seasonal candy displayed for all to see. It is on display in the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel.
Spiders – Guests will find 30 car-achnids lurking around Radiator Screams!
- Frightfully fun food and beverage – A tempting menu of Halloween food and beverage is available throughout Cars Land, including Car-achnid Pot Pie, Grape “Ghoul”-ant Shake and Mini Candy Cone Pie (Flo’s V8 Cafe); Vampire Mater Bread (Fillmore’s Taste-In); and Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone and a Spoke-y Cone Macaron filled with marshmallow buttercream and candy corn (Cozy Cone Motel). Cozy Cone Motel also serves Junkyard JamBOOree Mix – flavored popcorn with optional “nuts and bolts” (green M&M’s, candy corn, chocolate-covered pretzels, Boston baked beans and more).
Haul-O-Ween was extremely fun. The one tip I’d give out is gtry to arrive at Cars Land a bit before sunset. Seeing everything go from day to night was a blast. Especially when the neon lights first came on. My last tip is to utilize the Max Pass:
All About Disney’s MaxPass:
Disney has combined 2 popular services to help you make the most of the magic! With the Disney MaxPass feature, you can:
- Get Unlimited Disney PhotoPass Downloads for the Day – Share an entire day’s worth of Disney PhotoPass memories with family and friends! You’ll even be able to access photos taken on select attractions and during select Character dining experiences. Magic Shots are also included. Simply ask your Disney PhotoPass Photographer to pose you for a Magic Shot, and a select Disney Character or fun surprise will appear in your photo after it’s taken.
- Make FASTPASS Selections from Your Mobile Device While You’re in the Parks – With this electronic option, you won’t need to walk over to a kiosk to secure a FASTPASS entitlement—you can simply make a FASTPASS selection (subject to availability) using the Disneyland app and then scan your code at the entrance when it’s time to experience the attraction.
So grab your family and friends and head out to Disneyland so you can experience Haul-O-Ween!
***Disclosure: I attended the #ThorRagnarokEvent & #Cars3BluRay My flight, lodgings, and expenses were covered by Disney All opinions are 100% mine. ***